11 Weeks Off Now (Laid off)

Beavis

Well thanks to the worlds (W)Bankers i am now laid off for 11 weeks. Worked my last day on Friday :yahoo:

9 weeks on full pay and 2 on half pay B)

Glorious weather B)

Loads of Poker :yahoo:

And a couple of holidays as well. B)

Who says the recession does not have some good points? :lol:

Oh well back to my breakfast on the patio :teeth:

What I don't understand is how exactly does your company see the logic in sending you home for 11 weeks and paying you full pay for 9 weeks as some way of dealing with the credit crunch?

Surely if they are going to pay you full wages for 9 weeks they would be more prudent to have you working at the same time???

That makes absolutely no business sense to me?

Can you tell I'm jealous :dry:

put to some good use and see if anyone wants your earthing kits B)

+1 - or get some more images knocked up so we can have them made into prints. Was thinking A1 size would be better than A3 we had done.

Enjoy it while it lasts :p

What I don't understand is how exactly does your company see the logic in sending you home for 11 weeks and paying you full pay for 9 weeks as some way of dealing with the credit crunch?

Surely if they are going to pay you full wages for 9 weeks they would be more prudent to have you working at the same time???

Its very complicated to explain it all. But basically i am in the brick business. Good times will come back again and my company can not afford to lose me to someone else (i have 30 years experience). Hence thats why they are still paying me. Our site consumes approx £36000 in electric and about £80000 in gas a month alone!! Currently everything is switched off ;)

Will be looking into the grounding kits in more detail to see if i can source some different coloured cable. :)

+1 :wacko:

Could have been worse Dave, 11 weeks in the winter :scare: My eldest son works for the Columbus Brick Company in Mississippi, he's an Electrical Engineer, and they have been badly affected by the credit downturn. Having said that, they have picked up lately & are looking to switch some kilns back on in their old plant, which has been shut down for about 3 months.

He's just rang to let me know that the aeroplane transporting the space shuttle has just landed at their little airport, which they were able to see it coming in from their works car park :teeth:

Could have been worse Dave, 11 weeks in the winter :scare: My eldest son works for the Columbus Brick Company in Mississippi, he's an Electrical Engineer, and they have been badly affected by the credit downturn. Having said that, they have picked up lately & are looking to switch some kilns back on in their old plant, which has been shut down for about 3 months.

He's just rang to let me know that the aeroplane transporting the space shuttle has just landed at their little airport, which they were able to see it coming in from their works car park :teeth:

There's some irony there - no work to keep employed on the ground but billions about to waste in space :wacko:

And what happens after 11 weeks?

Back to work i hope :blush:

Unless there are still some more useless financial tossers left in the system :dry:

Sadly they will still be in the system as the fat cats are never made accountable for anything :angry: