new member with exhaust problem

hi all,

i am a new member! and have a 53 plate with almost 100,000 miles on it now with a :) still, need some help though - exhaust has started to go middle & back & have been quoted £1200 !!

i am a yorkshireman so that is a bit hard to swallow! - any tips??

Chris

Welcome mate, you can get a stainless system fitted for around the 400 quid mark!!

exactly what i was quoted too when mine was being welded for £20, a nissan dealer wanted £500+ to replace the back box :rant:

thanks for advice from everyone, i think i will stick with an oem & will advertise in wanted section.

i am certainly no mechanic though so will have to go somewhere to have it fitted.

i was pleasantly surprised when i logged on this morning to find 19 welcomes to the club i suppose i am a veteran driver! i have had mine nearly 5 years with 100,000 miles on it now so maybe i have been spotted by some of you in the past genearlly around yorks / lancs / derbyshire!!

my only moan about the zed is the Bose Cd player - why do the cds keep jumping, i know it is related to the humidity cos if i take out the jumping cd & hold it over the warm air from the heater it cures it!...it is annoying

thanks for advice from everyone, i think i will stick with an oem & will advertise in wanted section.

i am certainly no mechanic though so will have to go somewhere to have it fitted.

i was pleasantly surprised when i logged on this morning to find 19 welcomes to the club i suppose i am a veteran driver! i have had mine nearly 5 years with 100,000 miles on it now so maybe i have been spotted by some of you in the past genearlly around yorks / lancs / derbyshire!!

my only moan about the zed is the Bose Cd player - why do the cds keep jumping, i know it is related to the humidity cos if i take out the jumping cd & hold it over the warm air from the heater it cures it!...it is annoying

yep a problem with the bose. We have forum discount with clarion who repair the Bose unit. See forum discount section for more info