NO BASS ON THE BOSE SUB!! HELP!!!

Guest Gmac101

Guest Gmac101

Hey all.

Had my Z for 2 weeks now and I love it!!!!

I have changed the standard bose head unit to a double din kenwood unit hooked it all up and everything seems to work ok... BUT, the base from the sub behind my seat has almost completly gone!!!! I have fiddled around with the options on the radio but nothing seems to help!

Has anyone got any ideas of how to correct this??? Similar experiences etc???

Thanks all, and thanks to the threads and help on this forum that made the install easy in the first place!!!!

Gary.

Guest Gmac101

Thanks for the replys guys! The sub is working just not very well in comparison to the old bose set up!

I used the facia and harness from advice on this forum, and everything cliped straight in!

Idid plug all 4 rca's to the back of the head unit, Is that wrong???

And how do I know if the system is earthed??

Really sorry for the complete lack of knowledge guys - this is not my area at all!!!!

Thanks again

RE the sub being quiet - Did you use the ICT looms? Sometimes these are thought to not amplify the sound enough although I think normally its the whole volume not just subs

As for the system beinn earthed. Unless you have specificly done it yourself it won't be. You might find that you are currently earthing it through the aerial.

As Rob said if you have the ICT cable you will have to get yourself an RCA line voltage booster. I just put one in last week and its made it a hell of alot louder.

T/J Question for Rob: After installing an aftermarket headunit do you need to earth the bose amp as I am getting clicking through my speakers when I press the brake pedal. Also getting more alternator whine now.

Cheers

R

Guest Gmac101

Good stuff guys.

So what am I doing wrong with the rca's then??

lol, I am so bad at this kind of stuff!! I knew it was to good to be true when the dash came off, sloted the girl in and fixed it all back up with no hassell!!!!!!!!!!

T/J Question for Rob: After installing an aftermarket headunit do you need to earth the bose amp as I am getting clicking through my speakers when I press the brake pedal. Also getting more alternator whine now.

You should not need to ground the bose amp - it will already be ground (not looked at the circuits but guess it will be done close to the amp)

Whining is normally due to a bad earth. Try moving where you have gound the amp to a more solid part of the car.

Also, do you have a dedicated subwoofer output rca lead, as I plugged mine into this and my alpine HU allows for sub base volume to be adjusted independantly of anything else. Altho I do have to have it quite high just to balance the sound which may be down to the ICT thingy.

I have a similar problem.

I used a wiring harness to convert to the BOSE speakers but this didn't have a sub out lead (although it was the harness for the BOSE with sub) http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/nissan-350 ... escription

I'd found an article on the net that said to power the sub via a spare power out lead whch is what I've done but vey low power and Sub options on the HU are disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks