Help!! Passenger door wont open?

stanski

Hi folks

hope you can help please. Lucy's passenger door wont unlock? We can hear it try to unlock but it does'nt seem to go far enough back to release the catch? Tried manually to push the door switch back and pull on the outside door handle but no joy?

Did a search on the forum but no joy - checked the guide to undo the door trim but we cant as the door is closed shut! :headhurt:

Any advice gratefuly received :surrender:

Is the switch moving on the inside of the door when using the remote or the drivers door button?

Yes the switch is moving inside - but its obvious that it doesn't move back as far as the drivers side one?

Its either a solenoid issue or whatever - but the bigger problem is not being able to manually find a way to release the door catch to open the door to remove the door card?

We can hear the motor but it must'nt be moving the catch far enough? :surrender:

That doesnt sound good! I always assumed that when you push the switch it manually opens the latch or pushes the mechanism. If you cant do that by hand I assume something is jammed. You may still be able to remove enough around the door handle area to get a bit of a looksie at some of the mech. Not sure how I'd go about fixing it, dare I say it, you migh need a stealer :surrender:

That doesnt sound good! I always assumed that when you push the switch it manually opens the latch or pushes the mechanism. If you cant do that by hand I assume something is jammed. You may still be able to remove enough around the door handle area to get a bit of a looksie at some of the mech. Not sure how I'd go about fixing it, dare I say it, you migh need a stealer :surrender:

I know its a tricky one - will have to go to the stealers tomorrow morning.

Coincidentally the passengar door on mine has started to make a buzzing noises when I lock or unlock mine - like a fitting is loose or something -lets hope they havn't got swine flu or something! :scare:

Dealer issue Stan, i had the same thing with a Vectra many years ago. Took it to the dealers and they sorted it out. God knows how because i tried everything to get the door to open. :surrender: