Strange Electric window issue

ab350z

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who hasn't got one ---I have just purchased a cd workshop manual on e bay. Cost 99p. + 2.49p postage. This will give me a wiring diagram I presume; and perhaps even give me a map of the fuse-box in English for future ref. Which is one of the things I was unable to decipher.

• 1 year later...

Hmm, this sounds like an issue I've been suffering lately, though I've also had a few occasions where the window has not lowered when the door is closed, but significantly later. Always a nice surprise when you are about to set off for work, to find the window down all night in the rain. :headhurt: I'll see about performing this reset procedure when I take my car to my m8 on Saturday to do the rear pads, I'm sure he'll figure out how to get the door card off. :thumbs:

Hmm, this sounds like an issue I've been suffering lately, though I've also had a few occasions where the window has not lowered when the door is closed, but significantly later. Always a nice surprise when you are about to set off for work, to find the window down all night in the rain. :headhurt: I'll see about performing this reset procedure when I take my car to my m8 on Saturday to do the rear pads, I'm sure he'll figure out how to get the door card off. :thumbs:

It may take more than a re-set to cure that problem. I have just replaced the motor on the driver's side, since the window was failing to drop or wind down intermittently. When I had the old motor off the car, I stripped it down and discovered that the brushes were badly worn, one had almost disintegrated and the commutator was covered in carbon deposits. I am now looking for a set of replacement brushes so that I can re-condition the motor and either keep it as a spare or sell it on.

If anybody knows where to source a set of motor brushes to fit, I would appreciate a heads-up.