Transporter

maz77

2 cars, under 7.5 tons.

any1 selling one?

any recommendations or ones to avoid?

I should be OK driving that with my normal license shouldn't I?

That's an odd post....

If you want a transporter look in Autotrader and on PH and post a wanted ad.

I think it depends when you passed your test. The DVLA website should help you out.

Unusually I know the answer to this?

If you passed your test before 1991 you can hire/drive a 7.5 Tonne transporter on your normal license otherwise you can usually get a 3.5 Tonne transporter .

Note the 7.5 Tonners are limited to 55mph so be warned! (Engine limiter!)

Look on Fleabay if you want to buy one but they are about £140 per day for a 7.5 Tonner if you want to hire.

Hope this helps?

If you passed your test before 1991 you can hire/drive a 7.5 Tonne transporter on your normal license otherwise you can usually get a 3.5 Tonne transporter .

Look on Fleabay if you want to buy one but they are about £140 per day for a 7.5 Tonner if you want to hire.

Hope this helps?

that is very helpful stan thanks alot.

to be honest 3.5 T can also do the job. I am looking to by one rather than hire cuz it would work out much cheaper for my needs.

Hope this helps?

that is very helpful stan thanks alot.

to be honest 3.5 T can also do the job. I am looking to by one rather than hire cuz it would work out much cheaper for my needs.

The 3.5 Tonners are generally Transit based or VW transporter based - go for the VW version more likely to survive longer than 5 minutes! The one I used was a Mitsubishi 7.5 Tonne Beavertail. Mitsubishi- seem to be quite common and very good (fast - well up to 55 anyway!) :lol:

There is a company in London that hire the 3.5 Tonners out maybe they have second hand ones - look on google for 3.5 tonne car transporter- but its best to look for beavertail - thats the name of that type of rear platform ...ooh I'm a sad git! :blush:

The 3.5 Tonners are generally Transit based or VW transporter based - go for the VW version more likely to survive longer than 5 minutes! The one I used was a Mitsubishi 7.5 Tonne Beavertail. Mitsubishi- seem to be quite common and very good (fast - well up to 55 anyway!) :lol:

There is a company in London that hire the 3.5 Tonners out maybe they have second hand ones - look on google for 3.5 tonne car transporter- but its best to look for beavertail - thats the name of that type of rear platform ...ooh I'm a sad git! :blush:

there is nothing sad about it mate ;)

this would be a track car transporter. Ideally with a crew cab so I can keep tools and stuff in there :thumbs:

OOer - in that case - why not go for a cheaper option of a low level car trailer. Buy a cheap Crewcab pickup/van VW transporter Type 4 (get a 1.9TDI not the TD I have or the 2.5 TDI engine) fit a towbar and your away! :teeth:

Later on you can get those fancy covered trailers so you can put loads of 350Z-UK.COM stickers on the side of it! :lol:

Later on you can get those fancy covered trailers so you can put loads of 350Z-UK.COM stickers on the side of it! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

my idea was to get a 3.5 ton transporter and fabricate a cover for it as I will use it to do some work on the car as well as transport it.

with regards to the stickers I think I will need huuuuuuuuge ones. trouble is people will expect to see a pink Zed coming out of that transporter :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

my idea was to get a 3.5 ton transporter and fabricate a cover for it as I will use it to do some work on the car as well as transport it.

with regards to the stickers I think I will need huuuuuuuuge ones. trouble is people will expect to see a pink Zed coming out of that transporter :lol::lol::lol:

Thought you were going to say Pink Caddilac then! Sheilas wheels stylie! :lol:

OOer - in that case - why not go for a cheaper option of a low level car trailer. Buy a cheap Crewcab pickup/van VW transporter Type 4 (get a 1.9TDI not the TD I have or the 2.5 TDI engine) fit a towbar and your away! :teeth:

how does this look?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-VOLKSWAGEN-T ... :1|294:200