Re-fitting standard exhaust - advice needed....

Conrad

When I bought my Zed it had a cat back exhaust already fitted and the owner gave me the original exhaust should I want to put it back on.

Even with the baffles in I find my exhaust too loud at low revs (although amazing at higher revs).

I've just had a look at the original exhaust and it looks like it has been cut on one of the pipes (see circle on pic), judging from the pics below will I need anything new to re-fit the standard exhaust?

P1030356.jpg

P1030355.jpg

Not sure what exhaust is on, Japspeed or something. Don't get me wrong it sounds amazing at full throttle but around town down at low revs the drone annoys me a little, apparently it doesn't sound half as loud outside but that's no good to me! ;)

So Chris/Nurrish you sure that middle pipe is what I need? If so any ideas where I can buy one? I keep meaning to take my car down my mates garage so he can confirm what it is I need, but I 'd rather go down there with part in hand instead so he could then fit it for me too! :D

Not sure what exhaust is on, Japspeed or something. Don't get me wrong it sounds amazing at full throttle but around town down at low revs the drone annoys me a little, apparently it doesn't sound half as loud outside but that's no good to me! ;)

So Chris/Nurrish you sure that middle pipe is what I need? If so any ideas where I can buy one? I keep meaning to take my car down my mates garage so he can confirm what it is I need, but I 'd rather go down there with part in hand instead so he could then fit it for me too! :D

That'll be a K1... :lol:

I have one i am getting rid of just check the thread below the pic ;)

That'll be a K1... :lol:

Do you mean the exhaust is a K1? If so why the lol? :wacko::D

The K1 is about as loud as it gets. If its a K1 it should have bungs which can be detached, Stick a pic up and we will identify it. It will have a secong hand value so you should be able to sell it.

Or you can after 5 more posts ;)

Cheers mate! Here's some pics, please excuse what must be the dirtiest 350Z in the country! :blush::blush:

I put the bungs in and it's still too loud...

P1030357.jpg

P1030358.jpg

P1030359.jpg

Oh and Nurrish, just seen your thread! Think I'll be in touch soon via PM, Solihull only down the road from me.

:#1:

The :lol: was because it IS flipping loud!

You'll easy sell it on here though. Looks like Nurrish will sort you out with a mid pipe.

So a few more posts and off to the For sale section! :teeth:

:#1:

The :lol: was because it IS flipping loud!

You'll easy sell it on here though. Looks like Nurrish will sort you out with a mid pipe.

So a few more posts and off to the For sale section! :teeth:

So people actually pay for their Zed to sound that loud? I must be getting old before my time! :lol:;)

I've always had Supra TT's and used to love the sound of those de-catted but a de-catted Zed is even louder!! :scare:

I reckon my Zed must've been a members car as it has expensive rims, popcharger and this K1 exhaust. Must get round to cleaning the damn thing and posting some pics up!! :bangin:

It's a japspeed not a K1 :p:thumbs: It just so happens that both are copies of the same thing...

Is the japspeed as loud/good as a K1? I see its exactly the same price.

I have the japspeed too ian and on sunday you shall be drooling over it :lol:

It's a japspeed not a K1 :p:thumbs: It just so happens that both are copies of the same thing...

Is the japspeed as loud/good as a K1? I see its exactly the same price.

I have the japspeed too ian and on sunday you shall be drooling over it :lol:

:angry:

Indeed CS sells the japspeed one i believe?

K1 was an unbranded??? exhaust the same as the Japspeed sold by ESR only as far as i am aware.

They are both copies of an american exhaust as far as i know.

And quality i cant say, they are cheap and you get what you pay for in this world maybes.