Replacing Xenons with Projector Headlights

Danny 350Z

Can i replace xenons with projector headlights? Is this a feasable (temporary) option or are the pre 2006 zeds technically different from post 2006? Still looking for options in Germany rather than fork out £2400 LHD Xenons that'll only be on the car for a couple of years.

Danny

The post 06 lights have a bigger lense but i think everything else is the same.I had a set of pre 06 lights fitted while i had the mods done and they worked fine.So assume it would be ok the other way round.

The only thing that was different was the bulb off mine would not fit the pre 06 ones,the slots that lock the bulb in place are different.

Why not get a long phillips screwdriver and adjust the beams lower than they are now?

I don't think adjusting the beam will give me sufficient kick up on the European nearside. I'll have a look though. It's turning out to be a massive effort to find LHD headlights in Germany that cost less that £2400. America seems to be the way ahead at the mo.

The post 06 lights have a bigger lense but i think everything else is the same.I had a set of pre 06 lights fitted while i had the mods done and they worked fine.So assume it would be ok the other way round.

The only thing that was different was the bulb off mine would not fit the pre 06 ones,the slots that lock the bulb in place are different.

Ah, cool fruits. That sounds like the way ahead. Cheers.