SAT NAV

flamingMoe

Afternoon chaps,

New owner, and must say I'm bloody loving it (although I did get my arse kicked by a tweeked Supra on the way home from work this morning, grrrr).

Any who, was just wondering about the sat nav system on my 55 plate. Firstly, is it possible to change the software on it to make it look a bit more up to date?? Its ok the way it is, but the map view and layout looks a bit dated.

Also, has any one integrated a TV in to their sat nav system, and if so can they give me a nudge in the right direction, please? I know it sounds a bi poncey, but I have a valid reason to have a telly in my car ..... sort of :lol:

Cheers in advance

Hi FlamingMoe,

I think the only way to improve the look of the sat nav display will be to rip it out and fit an after market unit ( that's if you have the standard fit birdview). Although there will be new disks available I believe they just give more current map data and no actual improvement in the visual area.

I may be wrong but my '07 version looks pretty pants. It gives a nice representation of the motorway signs when you reach certain junctions (not sure if that is on the 55 versions) and does the navigation job well, just not that visually impressive.