Any CCTV / Wiring experts out there?!!

cfoster

I have just installed a CCTV camera out the front of the house and with it I bought a Lilin DVR (this one: LILIN CCTV 4 Channel Digital Video Recorder (PDR-400IP) on eBay, also, CCTV Security Cameras, Security Equipment, Consumer Electronics (end time 21-May-09 16:13:38 BST) ). In short what I would like in the end is to be able to view the camera via a channel (analogue I presume) on all the TVs in the house.

Currently i'm having trouble finding what cabling I need, this is my finding so far!!

My DVR has a Video Out at the back (BNC), from this I need to plug in a BNC to Phono lead (like this one: BNC-Phono Video Lead > Maplin ), and plug the phono end into an RF Modulator (like this one: Programmable Universal Modulator > Maplin ). This is where I get stuck. I have my eye on one of these Labgear HDU681 8 way splitters ( 8 Way Loft Distribution and Amplifier ) but unsure how to mate this to the RF Modulator.

So how do I connect the RF Modulator into the Labgear thing?! On the RF Modulator it has a 'To TV' and 'Ant In' on it (see pic on link above), but do I presume I ignore the 'Ant In' plug and put my aerial directly into the Labgear thing, then plug an aerial lead from the RF Modulators 'To TV' socket into the 'CCTV' socket on the Labgear?

Its all confusing me so would like to confirm before I go out and buy the cabling!!

Any help or other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Chris