Wales, man that can, tool kit?

nixy

You've all heard me bitching about my fuel filler restrictor that was fitted when the car was SVA'd - well i've stuck it for 2 years, huge lorries filling up quicker than me, sploshing petrol on myself etc. Tonight i really wasn't in the mood, got to £16.50 (yes that's all) and got so fed up with it clicking off I just slammed the nozzle back in the pump and gave up because i couldn't be arsed to drizzle it in!

SO - very cheeky question but does anyone think they can take it out for me easily? I would rather risk putting diesel in it! :dry:

for some reason other people who've filled it up now and then don't seem to have the same problem but wierdly enough it happens differently at different petrol stations, some are worse than others but honest i'm sick of it now! So any help would be appreciated. The only risk would be unscrewing it and dropping it into the tank...................

You sure it's not a hole in the fuel re-filler hose?? There was a tsb for that. Lots of us struggle with it, learn to put up with it, as there wasn't a proper recall done on that in some countries, NZ for one. Sigh...

Well I have always found BP fuel 'frothier' than the others. When I worked in a garage/petrol station when I was a school boy / student there were loads of cars that were troublesome. Used to angle the nozzles differently but sometimes to no avail. That was esso fuel.

I'd remove it too. I hate cars that do that!

You sure it's not a hole in the fuel re-filler hose?? There was a tsb for that. Lots of us struggle with it, learn to put up with it, as there wasn't a proper recall done on that in some countries, NZ for one. Sigh...

No Immy it was fitted especially as part of the import process as the jdm's have nothing to stop you accientally putting diesel in the car. If I can get a decent pic i'll show you later. :thumbs:

No Immy it was fitted especially as part of the import process as the jdm's have nothing to stop you accidentally putting diesel in the car. If I can get a decent pic i'll show you later. :thumbs:

Ah ok. We don't have those here.

I need my K&W suspension raising 5mm at the back as well so someone please do bring a toolkit!

Just leave some bits at home, less weight, more ride height. Take out the spare wheel if you have one :lol:

Seriously, dont know how you adjust K&W, did they give you the special spanner to do it with? If its anything like a bike, you need a big splined spanner, and all you need do is jack up the wheel, turn the but nut thing with it and up she goes, easy. Do the same number of clicks each side and job done :teeth:

I need my K&W suspension raising 5mm at the back as well so someone please do bring a toolkit!

Just leave some bits at home, less weight, more ride height. Take out the spare wheel if you have one :lol:

Seriously, dont know how you adjust K&W, did they give you the special spanner to do it with? If its anything like a bike, you need a big splined spanner, and all you need do is jack up the wheel, turn the but nut thing with it and up she goes, easy. Do the same number of clicks each side and job done :teeth:

I think the weight may be a good idea till I manage to find a special spanner :lol: Doubt I have got one as Phil didn't even give me the wheel nut key. (Its my fault - I was too eager to drive it away when I picked it up)

I`ve got the KW spanners from when Phil fitted mine.

I'm not exactly offering to get down in the dirt but you are welcome to borrow them.

Co-incidentally, I was there to get my suspension fitted the day you drove off in your new car! I remember you stalled it after about 5 feet :p:lol: (sorry) but you were very excited!

If you want, PM me nearer the time or I will forget!

Not sure the blokes will be as willing to help me as nixy though :blush: I'll flash some leg if it helps :lol:

I think you'll find Beavis was the only one who offered to look at it.......... :lol:

I`ve got the KW spanners from when Phil fitted mine.

I'm not exactly offering to get down in the dirt but you are welcome to borrow them.

Co-incidentally, I was there to get my suspension fitted the day you drove off in your new car! I remember you stalled it after about 5 feet :p:lol: (sorry) but you were very excited!

If you want, PM me nearer the time or I will forget!

HAHA Yeah I remember that (how embarressing) - even worse I didn't have a lot a petrol so I stopped at a garage 5 minutes later to fill up. Got back in the car and the thing wouldn't start so I tried for a few mins and rang Phil. I felt like a right idiot when I found out you have to hold the clutch in :lol: God damn manual boxes.

I will take up your offer of using your spanner thingy though if possible, thanks :)

god help us! :lol:

Hey, me and Rob are (self)trained professionals :thumbs:

Ask RobD7, we fitted his dual pop chargers with no problems :teeth:

I helped too (representing the "minority cheap labour"...fai dollah meestah...fai dollar)

:lol::lol::thumbs:

well in that case i have every faith that someone will have the ability to do such a simple little job as remove a fuel filler restrictor (can you tell i'm trying psychology here?? :lol: )

well in that case i have every faith that someone will have the ability to do such a simple little job as remove a fuel filler restrictor (can you tell i'm trying psychology here?? :lol: )

Yeah, it's fine. If I remember correctly it's just a case of removing the rear bumper and the near side rear light cluster. :thumbs:

I'll just bring a dent puller with a hook attachment, should be out faster than you can say......well some thing short anyways...