Painted my JDM brakes...

marzman

Hey guys...

Thought i'd neaten up my brakes this weekend with a bit of paint. I think they must have originally been silver, but they were so scruffy looking they needed re-doing.

I had originally planned to do them gloss black, as i dont particularly want to show off my 'small packages', but i had almost a full tin of red caliper paint left from when i did the lip on my wheels... so i thought i'd give them a few coats of that... :thumbs:

So, armed with some brake cleaner and a wire brush, i scrubbed them down and covered them in paint! This was not intended to be a propper smart job - i didnt use any wet dry paper on them etc... i just wanted to stop them flaking everywhere. They were very badly pitted and you can see that up close - but the thick glossy paint masks it fairly well. I would have loved to spend ages doing them properly, but i was getting stick from the missus :lol:

Anyway, here's some pics... i think i'll order some black nissan decals from rtbiscuit to see how they look with those on!

(and yes i know i need tyre dressing, and next big mod is lowering... and i already have my spacers sat here to go on before wales :blush: )

Photo0948.jpg

Photo0955.jpg

Photo0947.jpg

Photo0957.jpg

Photo0950.jpg

Photo0952.jpg

Photo0966.jpg

Tidy job, mate... B)

Have you fitted the spacers... :thumbs:

Cheers CS.

Im on the drift day at Oulton Park next Saturday, so havent put the spacers on yet... but have got the following Monday booked off work to do a full detail, so will be fitting them then. :yahoo:

Tidy job, mate... B)

Have you fitted the spacers... :thumbs:

Cheers CS.

Im on the drift day at Oulton Park next Saturday, so havent put the spacers on yet... but have got the following Monday booked off work to do a full detail, so will be fitting them then. :yahoo:

Top man, look forward to seeing the photos... B)

What you need now to compliment those gleaming brakes is a set of goodridge brake hoses ;)

Dont do i to me...! I was looking at them earlier!! Are they braided?

They're on my to-do list, but im trying to stop spending....! :lol:

i can do you a nice set of brembo decals for your calipers as well ;)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=20459&start=0

I take it you didnt read all my post then... :lol:

I said im going to ask you for some Nissan decals in black for them. I cant put brembo in them saing as they're standard JDM brakes!

...I just need to wait for the weather to get better then i can go out and measure what sizes i need!

i can do you a nice set of brembo decals for your calipers as well ;)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=20459&start=0

I take it you didnt read all my post then... :lol:

I said im going to ask you for some Nissan decals in black for them. I cant put brembo in them saing as they're standard JDM brakes!

...I just need to wait for the weather to get better then i can go out and measure what sizes i need!

:blush: just kinda flicked through and looked at the pretty pictures :blush: