Pioneer FH-P80BT final advice

Dex

The problem isn't with the facia I believe the pioneer HU is slightly too small round the edges. The alpine may be a spot on fit.

someone will have to confirm this though.

R

Ah I see, if somebody could confirm this for me that would be great :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi all - just a quick mini-hijack here

I'm about to upgrade my Bose HU and am currently trying to choose between the Panasonic and the Alpine units mentioned above... that dilemma I can deal with myself :)

so far the directions supplied seem great for sourcing the necessary cables and fascia adapters etc but I'm not sure if the car's country of origin makes a difference

my 350z is a Japan import - do I need to buy any additional loom adapters to do this, or just the same parts that have been listed here?

cheers :thumbs:

EDIT: also I don't see any mention of the Alpine having bluetooth included - so no handsfree unless you buy a separate Parrot BT interface... is that right?

hi all - just a quick mini-hijack here

I'm about to upgrade my Bose HU and am currently trying to choose between the Panasonic and the Alpine units mentioned above... that dilemma I can deal with myself :)

so far the directions supplied seem great for sourcing the necessary cables and fascia adapters etc but I'm not sure if the car's country of origin makes a difference

my 350z is a Japan import - do I need to buy any additional loom adapters to do this, or just the same parts that have been listed here?

cheers :thumbs:

EDIT: also I don't see any mention of the Alpine having bluetooth included - so no handsfree unless you buy a separate Parrot BT interface... is that right?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22782

That thread shows my troubles with the Alpine HU install.......however, it really was worth it after getting it all working.

My car isn't an import, I believe you need different looms, but try this thread for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16403&hilit=audio+upgrade

Hopefully this helps a little bit? :thumbs: I think my Alpine has bluetooth built into it, lots of functionality and doesn't look worth anything, so don't expect anyone to break into my car for it. Saying that, they would have a right mission getting any of our stereo's out!!

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22782

That thread shows my troubles with the Alpine HU install.......however, it really was worth it after getting it all working.

My car isn't an import, I believe you need different looms, but try this thread for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16403&hilit=audio+upgrade

Hopefully this helps a little bit? :thumbs: I think my Alpine has bluetooth built into it, lots of functionality and doesn't look worth anything, so don't expect anyone to break into my car for it. Saying that, they would have a right mission getting any of our stereo's out!!

yes totally - I like the fact that both of these are pretty understated and should hopefully not be thieving chav-magnets :)

are you sure about the bluetooth on the Alpine? I was looking here http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/pro ... 203ri.html where it says the unit is 'bluetooth ready' and then links to the parrot KCE-400BT device...

really need to find out about cabling on the import models before launching into this though!