Anyone used one of these?

Ian

It says it is compliant with all ISO OBD2 vehicles, so no reason for it not to work with the Z.

Looks like a very neat and useful solution, but not cheap at £125, when you can get code readers for around £45.

It says it is compliant with all ISO OBD2 vehicles, so no reason for it not to work with the Z.

Looks like a very neat and useful solution, but not cheap at £125, when you can get code readers for around £45.

True but it will be used more for a permanent solution, My CEL comes on every few hundred miles & its a pain having to get my laptop out everytime I clear it.

Gonna order one later & give it a try :)

True but it will be used more for a permanent solution, My CEL comes on every few hundred miles & its a pain having to get my laptop out everytime I clear it.

Good for you - let us know how it goes! :thumbs:

If you are just after something to clear the codes, thats cool, but if you want more useful info, I would ask them what PIDs the Zed supports. As with my generic scanner, there are loads of OBDII codes, but the Zed doesnt support very many. Just be careful with what you expect from it :)

http://www.ukobd.co.uk/gstore/store/g_viewItem.asp?idProduct=90

I know that quite a few of the SEAT guys used them, I'm assuming it will work the same as my current code reader - minus the need for my laptop?

Just looking for a more portable fault code reader than my laptop

Ian what software / lead do you use to read the codes?

I have VCDS from my old SEAT and wondered if this will read generic OBD2 codes on the Z?

I have VCDS from my old SEAT and wondered if this will read generic OBD2 codes on the Z?

I would ask on the SEAT forums for this specific question. From what I remember, most of the "cool" tools like VAG Com used the CAN BUS rather than ODB to interact with the car. So I dont think it will work, but then again, cant see there being any harm in trying

Usual disclaimer applies, dont cry to me if it fries the ECU :blush:

http://www.ukobd.co.uk/gstore/store/g_viewItem.asp?idProduct=90

I know that quite a few of the SEAT guys used them, I'm assuming it will work the same as my current code reader - minus the need for my laptop?

Just looking for a more portable fault code reader than my laptop

Ian what software / lead do you use to read the codes?

Current software is Digimoto used with an obd reader I bought from a member here :thumbs:

Just took delivery of my scangauge so about to go & see what it does :teeth:

Current software is Digimoto used with an obd reader I bought from a member here :thumbs:

Just took delivery of my scangauge so about to go & see what it does :teeth:

Cool, i'm interested to see what you think of it :)