Hello and Help! Keyed...

Marios

Hi Guys,

I was a member before but lost my account details and I closed my email address down to which I was registered with, but im back again.

I have had my 350z for nearly 2 years now obviously its my pride and joy. However last saturday some low life decided to key my car on two different places on my driver side. Absolutely gutted as you can imagine. The scratches are not that deep however you can see the silver markings under the scratch (my car is black). The scratches are about 30cm in length each.

Would you attempt to fix yourselfs? I don't know if T-cut could fully repair. I have tried to use Meguair swirl and scratch repair on other lesser scratches and it has done absoltutely nothing for the scratch.

I have a feeling it may be a bodyshop job but at the moment money is quite tight as various things are going on. Is there someone in West Midlands someone would recommend for these sort of jobs? Thanks for any advice guys

what was you old account name. I can reset it for you if you wish

does sound like a body shop job. You could try chipsaway, they would evaluate it for free and tell you if it possible to repair. There normal cost is £100 +vat

Thats another problem I have actually forgotten that im sure I used my first name tho?

I thought about chipsaway but I have heard bad things about their work. Would be worth a free quotation though.

think it's more down to the individual rather then chipsaway themselves. If you can get a operator that comes approved by people then should be ok

Cool I will have to give them a call! Think they can sort out my chrome Z badges for the front and bonnet as they have started to get black dots and fade in colour! So much for £60 worth of badges! I try to wash the Z at least once a week as well!

Mine was done by some jealous f*ckers too. Know EXACTLY how you must be feeling. I could see the silver metal underneath too (mine is an azure blue 350z) and it was about a metre long with squiggles (if only I could get my hands on whoever it was!). I was all ready to give up but some elbow grease with T-Cut did the job, plus polish afterwards. I was amazed how easily it came out. Now it is 99% gone and only really noticable in certain angles in sunlight only when looking very closely. The remaining light marks should come out with a machine polish - so DEFINITELY give it a go before shelling out any money. Saved myself a good 2-300 quid if not more, just from half an hour to an hour's t-cut and polishing.

I tried to T cut last night it did cover up the silver of the scratch but the scratch is still visible but definatly better than yesterday. I have a guy from Chips Away coming round after work to check it out for me, lets hope for the best!

You must be much better with Tcut than me to get out the scratch maybe I weren't patient enough! Just didnt seem like it was going to cover up the deepness.