Engine bay cleanup....

3FIDDYZ

Well this weekend I have been mostly...... Polishing!

Dan Dan the polishing Man (dcash, cheers buddy) came over to give me a hand polishing any metal in the engine bay that was dull or had a machined finish. Still got some bits to do and bits to add, but its getting there... Just need to do something with the timing cover and then a full cleanup.

Just thought I would share a few pics :blush2:

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

Not sure what the throttle body is supposed to do (!!!), but its changed the exhaust note, a little deeper and louder.

Looking nice bud B)

Did you choose not to put the heatshield on the air filter?

Yeh, there is a big air vent right above the air filter so the carbon hood would stop air flow and also because of the vents it may be a tight fit under there! Temp at the airflow sensor sits at about 100 at idle and then drop to about 70degs when moving so nice and cool. Need to try fitting the box again to see if there is a difference!

Nice work guys! Pleased to see you got motivated to get polishing in the end! ;):lol:

Lol!! It was you gassing that stopped us!!

Really?? I could have sworn it was the Bacon & Sausage sandwiches and Yum Yums that you two were scoffing! :lol:

Looking nice bud B)

Yeh, there is a big air vent right above the air filter so the carbon hood would stop air flow and also because of the vents it may be a tight fit under there! Temp at the airflow sensor sits at about 100 at idle and then drop to about 70degs when moving so nice and cool. Need to try fitting the box again to see if there is a difference!

Doh, i can see the vents now in one of your pics :wacko:

Nice work guys! Pleased to see you got motivated to get polishing in the end! ;):lol:

Really?? I could have sworn it was the Bacon & Sausage sandwiches and Yum Yums that you two were scoffing! :lol:

Hmmm could have been! I did notice the slight dab of saliva in the corner of your mouth whilst you were watching!! But you were offered! Always a yum yum and a bacon sarnie for you when you want one mate :thumbs:

Jealousy is a cruel mistress! At the end of the day Andy ... its no Rivita!!

dude that is one of the best engine bays i have seen, its great...talking of that, what ever happened to the engine bay competition?

It never happened :dry:

Though I think me & mark could have a little contest of our own ;)

Looking nice bud B)

Doh, i can see the vents now in one of your pics :wacko:

The big one on the right :D

DSC00215.jpg

dude that is one of the best engine bays i have seen, its great...talking of that, what ever happened to the engine bay competition?

I think you should go for it :thumbs:

can you point me in the direction of that polished window washer cap B)

Yeh, it was from Pi-thon but I think Dan tried to get hold of them the other day and cant seem to get hold of him... There was a guy on my350z that had a set up for grabs recently. Also, zeetoys used to be a distributer for them. Not sure if they still have stock...

M

Paul

I've got a washer cap like Mark's but with a Z engraved on it. Came from Chris @ JDM Performance, I'm sure it came from stock.

Ah! Thats where I saw them too! Was just going through my favorites!

Yep - that's where I got mine too.

Mr Ming has been somewhat absent and my train of style got intercepted, shall we say! :)

All change now though! :teeth: