itunes playlists

nixy

i have just spent bloody ages backing up my itunes music from one computer to another. Several DVD's later and lots of patience its done BUT it hasn't kept any of my play lists - AAAGGGHHH. does anyone know how to resolve this without having to either make new playlists again or back it all up again? Obviously i can't plug my ipod into the second computer until i do this as it will wipe my existing playlists.

i have just spent bloody ages backing up my itunes music from one computer to another. Several DVD's later and lots of patience its done BUT it hasn't kept any of my play lists - AAAGGGHHH. does anyone know how to resolve this without having to either make new playlists again or back it all up again? Obviously i can't plug my ipod into the second computer until i do this as it will wipe my existing playlists.

Have you trued exporting your playlists ? from the old PC

EDIT: here you go, from the helpfiles :thumbs:

Saving a copy of your playlists

You can export a playlist and import it on a different computer so that you can have the same playlist in both places. You can also export a playlist to save a copy of it.

Exported playlists contain a list of the items in the playlist; the actual songs or videos aren't included.

Here are ways to archive or use playlists on another computer:

To archive a single playlist or use it in iTunes on another computer, select the playlist (below Playlists), choose File > Library > Export Playlist, and then choose XML from the Format pop-up menu.

To save a copy of all your playlists, choose File > Library > Export Library. The exported information is saved in XML format.

To import an iTunes playlist, choose File > Library > Import Playlist. The imported playlist includes only songs and videos already in your iTunes library. Unavailable items are removed from the list.

Have you trued exporting your playlists ? from the old PC

EDIT: here you go, from the helpfiles :thumbs:

Saving a copy of your playlists

You can export a playlist and import it on a different computer so that you can have the same playlist in both places. You can also export a playlist to save a copy of it.

Exported playlists contain a list of the items in the playlist; the actual songs or videos aren't included.

Here are ways to archive or use playlists on another computer:

To archive a single playlist or use it in iTunes on another computer, select the playlist (below Playlists), choose File > Library > Export Playlist, and then choose XML from the Format pop-up menu.

To save a copy of all your playlists, choose File > Library > Export Library. The exported information is saved in XML format.

To import an iTunes playlist, choose File > Library > Import Playlist. The imported playlist includes only songs and videos already in your iTunes library. Unavailable items are removed from the list.

Well how did you get on with it Nixy?

clear as mud!

not had chance to sort it yet as been decorating (which i hate........) :dry:

clear as mud!

not had chance to sort it yet as been decorating (which i hate........) :dry:

OK,

On old computer, click on your first Playlist

go (F)ile, (L)ibrary, (E)xport playlist

name your playlist nixplay01.xml (selecting XML format) when the save dialog comes up

Save it on a memory stick

Take memory stick to new computer

In Itunes go

(F)ile, (L)ibrary, (I)mport playlist

select nixplay01.xml and import

Voila!!

:teeth: