Whine between 2000 - 3500rpm

Chris s

Hi - I have just bought an 06 plate 350z and am noticing it has a whinning noise (which appears to be coming from the underneath the car, but am unsure). It tends to appear when I back off the accelerator and cruise, it doesn't seem to happen in any specific gear... Is this normal or something to worry about? Any advice / comments would be great :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. Difficult to say for sure but the gearbox has been discribed as a little noisy. I take it the clutch hasnt been upgraded, that would explain some noise.

Stick a post up in the intro section so we can say Hi. We can never get enough pics by the way. :D

I have just bought an 06 plate 350z and am noticing it has a whinning noise (which appears to be coming from the underneath the car, but am unsure).

I assume you have checked whether you have run over your wife/girlfriend or not, right?

LMAO :lol: but if so......keep on driving she will soon shut up!!!

I have just bought an 06 plate 350z and am noticing it has a whinning noise (which appears to be coming from the underneath the car, but am unsure).

I assume you have checked whether you have run over your wife/girlfriend or not, right?

Ooh this definitely deserves a :slap:

Ooh this definitely deserves a :slap:

:lol:

rear exhaust box/pipe possibly going. Where the pipe joins the rear box it begins to split if 4 years or older. Can sound like a supercharger by accounts from some members before the pipe totally snaps. Your car is a bit young but perhaps worth a look