repairing boot plastic

elecious

unfortunately the car i picked up Saturday could have been looked after a bit better on the interior

The plastic panels in the boot and around the rear strut have a number of scrapes and scratches on :thumbdown:

what would be the best way to fix these, if its possible at all? Would sanding down the marks and then repainting the whole panel (to make sure its an even color all over) be the best thing to do? or is there some miracle product i could buy?

Some time ago dealer scratched mine whilst fixing a rattle. They got in a local refurbisher and basically they re-sprayed the plastic/vinyl panels. Excellent job apart from the spray over on the external paint around the tailgate sides!

try a children's black wax crayon. Stanski had very successful results on the dash with it

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15579&hilit=dash

ill definitely use that on some of the front panels where someones ring has caught the plastic etc, cheers

would it work on the boot though? the damage is so that the plastic is furring and while the crayon may be able to repair the missing color i doubt it would do anything to the furring? maybe i could just tweezer all that off and use the crayon anyway