Rainbow front components

Eneah

Thought I would share the latest step in my project. Swapped out the stock front speakers and hooked up these Rainbow CS265.25 Germanium speakers to an Alpine PDX-4.150 amp in the glovebox.

20032009181.jpg

20032009180.jpg

Still need some tweaking at the sound staging in the 350z seems to be terrible :dry:

First time I've done anything like this so it's been learning all the way

Yeah that's the only place i could find with enough space on the door and enough clearance from the panel. The panel fits fine with a good amount of space around it still :thumbs:

I was exactly the same! Bought all this stuff last september and only just round to finishing the install. Was quite shocked to see the amp that I paid £350 for is now up to £530. Crazy :rolleyes:

Certainly not happy with the sound at the moment. There's a little noise from the amp but generally the sound is good across the whole range. I'm guessing it could be the staging as the speakers in the stock position are pointing straight into the footwell. Adjusted a few things on the head unit which have improved the mids but sub bass still seems really shallow.

Fed the wires thru the standard harness as per http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Front_Speaker_Wire_Routing

Basically take the block apart, drill thru in a place away from the other wires there in both sides and feed the wire through. It's a pain in the ass but the only way to get the wires in.

There's just enough room to get at the harness and get the wires through without having to take the door off

No sub at the moment, was hoping i could get away with not having one as I wanted to use the stock speaker locations and i've heard how annoying it is having the sub right in your back. Thinking its probably going to have to be done now...

Still I'm sure I should be getting more bass than I do right now. Almost nothing below 100hz

You can fit an aftermarket free air sub in the original position if you want to keep it stealthy. Alpine along with pioneer sell these at really cheap prices, i've seen them selling for 20 to 30 quid!!! maybe a few other manufacturers do these as well.

Connect it up to an alpine sub amp, (which can be picked up cheaply second hand or ex demo,s) add dynamat behind the sub and you will get an improvement straight away. At a very low cost!!

Yeah think I'm gunna go with an Alpine PDX-1.600 as it will stack on top of the existing amp :) Undecided on the sub yet, was thinking maybe one of the Hertz ones, purely on looks right now lol

Still not sure why im missin so much bass though. I have the rainbox front components and spl dynamics 6.5" woofers in the rear both hooked up to the amp. Neither set seems doing much below 100hz :dry: there's a bit round the high-mid thats seems a bit dead too