Glasgow Hotels & Parking *Now with pics*

Cara

I've left the car in Glasgow city centre a load of times, never had any issue. I imagine majority of the city centre is covered by CCTV aswell. Good burn down to Glasgow is just the ticket! Just make sure you lock the doors going through Dundee.

Good burn down to Glasgow is just the ticket! Just make sure you lock the doors going through Dundee.

:lol: Well decided to take the car :D Staying in the Marriott (fingers crossed the on site car park is okay). Will take some pics lol The hotel is meant to be okay, and I'm hoping to make use of the pool/sauna/etc.

Woohoo, shopping here I come :D

Good burn down to Glasgow is just the ticket! Just make sure you lock the doors going through Dundee.

:lol: Well decided to take the car :D Staying in the Marriott (fingers crossed the on site car park is okay). Will take some pics lol The hotel is meant to be okay, and I'm hoping to make use of the pool/sauna/etc.

I think its an outside car park but am not 100% sure and about 5 mins in a taxi from the main shops, dont try walk back to the hotel at night tho as the ladies of the night gather around that area

I think its an outside car park but am not 100% sure and about 5 mins in a taxi from the main shops, dont try walk back to the hotel at night tho as the ladies of the night gather around that area

The car park is outside - mostly to the rear of the building and seems to be relatively safe. The leisure centre is usually busy so there is a lot of coming and going and it is well lit AFAIK.

Agree with Jay about avoiding walking along there at night, just in case.

So were all expecting sauna and pool pics ok ;):thumbs:

Er... car pics only!! :doh::lol:

I think it's an outside car park - hopefully be okay. I was going to book the Hilton until a workmate told me that it's an extremely tight underground car park. I've been told it's about a 10 minute walk into the centre and that's fine, I don't mind a bit of a walk. But yep, taxi at night I think - heels wouldn't let me walk anyway, let alone risking crossing the 'ladies of the night' :surrender::lol:

Well, had a brilliant weekend, thanks again for all the help from the local guys :thumbs: I've finally managed to get my pics uploaded, so here's a few snaps (both car and other stuff) for those who are nosey like me and like to spy on other people's pictures :lol:

On arrival, choosing a corner spot and parking as far away from the line as possible...

002.jpg

Then checking back later to find THIS parked in the next space (why oh why do people insist on parking next to each other when there are plenty other spaces! Grr). And yes I took a photo of the car's numberplate too for 'evidence' later :blush:

019.jpg

The hotel front

023.jpg

The room (fine, standard, but have to say the bed was massive and sooo comfy, recommended!)

005.jpg

The 'view' from hotel room :lol:

055.jpg

Another car pic (when the sun dared to come out, it having been raining most of Saturday)

020.jpg

Some 'sunny' Glasgow pics :headhurt: while shopping

014.jpg

Men in kilts :teeth:

017.jpg

Drinks :D (wine or vodka & diet coke if anyone is asking)

031.jpg

Some sunny (real sun! lovely day on the Sunday) pics before leaving

058.jpg

057.jpg

059.jpg

And, finally, can't resist.... expensive purchase (bag in the forefront, not the Lush bag :lol: ) ladies here may recognise :D

025.jpg

I didn't think you guys would know anything about Links/the bracelets/charms - should have known you'd all been sent out to buy as gifts :lol:

Car is looking good both of you!

Cheers Stew :thumbs: Still discussing a few things but happy with how it's coming along :)