Stinky aircon?!?

srobrien

Hi my zed's aircon has developed a rather unsavoury smell when it first kicks in a bit like manure if im totally honest. Just for the first 30seconds after it turns on. I had this problem with my BMW and I used the comma aircon cleaner which worked fine. I did the same with the zed but the smell hasn't gone!

Are there any filters or anything that need to be replaced? Did a search but not much came up about it.

R :D

Was a discussion on the other channel about this, just need to get one of those can things (cant remember the name) turn your aircon to recycle and then open the can and leave the car running for 10 mins.....

Edit!! But you tried that!! Aircon need regassing?

I had to use the Comma stuff a couple of times last year before it cleared the smell completely - been fine ever since.

Thanks jim may have to purchase a couple more but the autostore here sells them for a tenner each!! so its not that cheap :teeth::teeth:

R

I have mine on all year round... Air con dosnt mean cold air... Its climate control after all!.... Never on recycle as this wont get rid of condensation.. You may find with it not being on or on recycle you have some condensation in the system which has sat and turned to a fungus...

I leave my aircon on all the time - if I switch it off it gets all hot and misty inside :lol: No smells from mine to date.

Oh, and the aircon system in the zed doesn't have a filter.

So I would say the Comma aircon cleaners are a waste of time in the 350z as they only tend to clean the filters.

Personally, I would switch it on and leave it on and see if it goes before regassing.

I seem to recall that someone on here used to keep it on all year round for that very reason!

surely his fuel consumption is worse than a ford bronko :scare::scare:

Air con on or off you will bearly notice a difference bud :thumbs:

I've got to disagree...

My fuel consumption has been shocking all winter, and i've had my AC on the whole time...

was down at 17.2mpg for like 3 months in a row, then i decided to turn my ac off, and my mpg shot up to 23mpg straight away.

I seem to recall that someone on here used to keep it on all year round for that very reason!

I've got to disagree...

My fuel consumption has been shocking all winter, and i've had my AC on the whole time...

was down at 17.2mpg for like 3 months in a row, then i decided to turn my ac off, and my mpg shot up to 23mpg straight away.

I kind of tested this a while back as its been brought up before and did'nt notice any real difference for me to think "@*!# better turn that off".

I've got to disagree...

I kind of tested this a while back as its been brought up before and did'nt notice any real difference for me to think "@*!# better turn that off".

Dont know why it'd make a difference but perhaps cos mines a tiptronic its slightly different?

Mine was genuinely a day and night difference in terms of economy when switching the AC off...!