Red Lip On Rota's

From A to Zed

Hi Chaps,

It's 'our' first year’s anniversary today. 1 year of V6 bliss!

Last week a good friend of mine who is a member (CFOSTER) fitted some red lips to my rota's. I've added some before and after shots to my photobucket account so check them out...

The photos do the car no justice, the lip looks much better in the flesh... I guess I'm not cut out for photography!

And by the way, Chris (CFOSTER) can offer this service to members and fit them in if you're interested. He has lots of colours and can offer all kinds of vinyl so drop him a PM.

http://s484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... ch%202009/

Cheers,

Matt

Looks nice mate. A lot of people add pin stripes to their bike wheels, I did the same on my R6.

I was hoping you had it on the very outer lip as I've damaged mine and tried to pin stripe it but it didnt work :headhurt:

Tell me about it Chris, I bought my wheels in October and drove to Paris at Christmas.... I entered what seemed like a normal underground carpark until I realised it had those terrible brick tracks about 5ft wide. My Rota's have a few war wounds now!!! :scare:

I've only had them 5 minutes :-(

Loving theose rims mate, look sweet. I'm not sure what colour i'd go for as an accent on my GM. Orange is the easy options since it's already in the headlights and stitching etc, but think orange trim on LM GT4s might look a bit rubbish!! (Has anyone put trim on the GT4s yet?)

Hi Ian,

The vinyl I have is not reflective but you can basically apply whatever you like so you could have luminous yellow if you like!

When I bought the wheels I run the vote for the red lip and you were right, I should have gone for the lip :p

I think the vinyl looks good though, Chris said it would last well too as long as you don't use a pressure washer on the wheels..

Matt

Photos look good matt, cheers for the plug!!!!!! They look far better than i thought they would!!

Ian - those pinstripes are only gloss vinyl so dont reflect or glow as you put it, however i do have the correct vinyls to make them this way!! I was tempting to put a reflective black on my Rays wheels but not sure!!