Beavis's Grounding Kit

Beavis

As some of you are aware i made my own grounding kit some time ago, and i made one for Ozz who reported a big improvement in his radio reception. I am toying with the idea of making a few sets as i can get the cable and all the lugs etc and now that copper prices have reduced somewhat, i thought i may be able to offer these at a competitive price to the members. I also have the proper crimping and heat shrinking tools to make these things up.So the kit would include six cables with proper lug connections and heat shrinked ends and i will throw in some cable ties too.

The kits would be made up of the following black 25mm multi strand tri-rated cable and these are for the 276/296 bhp VQ35DE engine only.

1 x 16" cable

1 x 20" cable

1 x 26" cable

2 x 30" cables

1 x 32" cable

I am thinking of charging £35 per set plus p&p (which is approx £6). Of the £35 i am proposing a £5 donation per set to the forum. Ideally it would be ideal to sell these on a group buy basis (10 sets) as it makes it better to buy the cable this way. And also if there was enough interest people could make a bigger saving by buying these at Wales or other events if they were pre-ordered so then they could save on the p&p as i would bring some sets along.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE POST YOUR NAME. LIKE I SAID THIS IS JUST AN IDEA AT THE MOMENT AND IT WILL DEPEND ON ONTEREST SHOWN IF I DECIDE TO GO AHEAD.

DSC_0136-1.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0133-1.jpg

Just black for the moment for that OEM look. The problem with different colours is that for small amounts it will become more expensive. ;)

I see bud, quick quesion, have you noticed anyy difference ?

No. But this does depend on how well your car is grounded from the factory. I made a set for Ozz and he told me his radio reception was much improved.

I will enquire about other colour options and will see if this effects the price. ;)

If the radio reception improved it sounds like the chassis strap was poor. This can be done with just a single cable from battery to chassis (I have done it on mine for the car audio) the rest are all for 'engine' stuff.

Price sounds good to me and if I did not have a free supply of bits I would go for it myself.

Personally I always think the OEM look is the best unless you have major engine mods

I'm sure you have good contacts Dave but if you can't get a good price then give me a shout and I'll see what the procurement guys that work for my Dad can do. They are on large discounts with a lot of suppliers. They might even have some in stock.

I'm sure you have good contacts Dave but if you can't get a good price then give me a shout and I'll see what the procurement guys that work for my Dad can do. They are on large discounts with a lot of suppliers. They might even have some in stock.

Thanks Stew will bear this in mind. :thumbs:

Any up-dates on colours e,t,c ?

Not yet i am working on it. What colour do you want?

Oh and be a good boy., CONFIRM YOUR NAME FOR WALES AND THE SUNDAY CARVERY. :lol:

Can you get a orange, to match the orange on the summit brace at an chance ?, just an idea :thumbs:

And will do with regards to wales :teeth::thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
I'll have a kit Dave, Black is good for me.

I'm interested in seeing if it improves idling, don't listen to the Radio much so can't comment!

Ok Mark, will update you next week when it will be ready. :thumbs: