Rear boot strut colour change

Jay

Looks good mate. The strut cover. Not the bag.

Im waiting for someone to do a gloss black attempt at the center console though... B)

There is one under my carbon cover! It was G/M as it was done by someone before.... Needs some serious rubbing down to get a nice flat surface.... Even though it looked ok, you could still see the remains of the original finnish.... Oh and it chips!!

There was one just on ebay US, black alcantara with orange stitching... looked schweet.... And no reflection!!!

That does sound sweet with the alcantara, but im a diy kinda guy...!

I can imagine the center console chipping too... Jay/Paul - got any plans to combat this?

Should be DIY'able to do alcantara if you get the right stuff.... stitching may be an issue.... But not for Jay.... He may have a little kit in his handbag... Or he may have a sewing machine!!

Nah i dnt carry that in my bag but your gf does so al just borrow it off her ;):lol:

I wouldnt attempt to do the centre dash myself just incase i feck up lol

Touche!!! :teeth: She said she lends you her lippy and mascara so a borrow of her neddle and cotton should be fine ;)

Go on, give it a go, you have done a great job of the other bits so far :thumbs: I got some spare left over from doing my boot lining so can put it in the post to you?

OoOoOo That does look really nice!But i really am sold on the black gloss smoothed dash, plus it will go with the look of the car. Thanks for offering tho bud! Much appreciated :thumbs:

hmm would love to do the interior trim in alcantara - looks soooo much nicer with it than the plastic look. Any other pics of that car?

I only did the boot space, those bits were quite easy... I stopped at the bit on the top of the speakers!!

If I am going to get he rest done it will be by a pro!! Next will be the main centre console... think it goes well with the carbon....

A sheet of alcantera. This stuff...

DSC01169.jpg

how did you do the carbon covering on that rear strut,

the only ones i've seen are the ones with the cut out z already done and i heard they don't fit that well.

did you ping the zed badge off (is that easy?) and then use a carbon vinyl cover over the original?