Painting by numbers (engine bay)

Stew

Ok, had a few requests for engine bay pics after I did a bit of painting.

Items done:

Battery cover (red)

Brake fluid cover (red)

Engine cover (red -zed badge will be added next week)

power steering cap (red)

coolant cap (red)

screenwash cap (red)

Strut brace (black with red ends)

Engine oil dipstick (black with red end)

P1010839.jpg

P1010840.jpg

P1010841.jpg

P1010842.jpg

P1010843.jpg

P1010844.jpg

Still working on a few bits and bobs (bolts, throttle body needs a bit of a polish and a few other bits...)

I must confess Jay was my inspiration. :thumbs:

edit - It's not a show engine so nobody will ever see it! :lol:

looks good stew, will defo be taking ideas from that, have already bought the red paint, but i shall only be doing the engine cover, what i will need to do is work out how i'm going to mask off the 3.5 V6 bit. as i'm determined to keep it.

looks good stew, will defo be taking ideas from that, have already bought the red paint, but i shall only be doing the engine cover, what i will need to do is work out how i'm going to mask off the 3.5 V6 bit. as i'm determined to keep it.

I have just been discussing this with Jay. Ideally I'd like to have V6 3.5 and the kinetix on the plenum in silver.

I don't have the skill to mask it off that well so just didn't try!

is it me or have you got bolts missing from the strut ? i remember having probs getting the bolts in after fitting the kinetix plenum, got them in the end after using some washer as spacers

Paul

Correct. Had them all in but 2 threads got damaged re fitting. Will re thread it and re tap the hole when I find out the size!

As I said, trying out different combos on the bolts now to see what works paint wise.

Make the most of the situation! :lol:

if your interested stew in adding any kind of image, logo, artwork etc to the engine cover i have a cunning plan for my own, but would be happy to share it with you.

as i'm a technology teacher i have access to a whole load of great toys one of them is a vinyl cutter and CAd packages.

if you have a picture/ shape tatto if you like and can give me a computer image of it i can cut it on the vinyl cutter.

its easiest if its one colour ,but i can build up layers and do several.

i have red, green, blue, yellow, silver and white at my disposal

let me know if your interested and we might be able to work somehing out.

could easily do something like this in white

Tribal-black.gif

P1010840.jpg

with the middle section removed, and the wings if you like either side of the 3.5 V6 section.

this isn''t wha ti have planned for mine, as i haven't worked that out, but more an example of the kind of images i can do

Looks awesome Stew, really does, what paint did you use ?

Already in the thread..... Nissan Red 526 from Halfords in a pi55 can.

Cheers :thumbs: , My local halfords are useless, still after some blade silver spray :wacko: , will check the one a bit further away from town :thumbs:

if your interested stew in adding any kind of image, logo, artwork etc to the engine cover i have a cunning plan for my own, but would be happy to share it with you.

as i'm a technology teacher i have access to a whole load of great toys one of them is a vinyl cutter and CAd packages.

if you have a picture/ shape tatto if you like and can give me a computer image of it i can cut it on the vinyl cutter.

its easiest if its one colour ,but i can build up layers and do several.

i have red, green, blue, yellow, silver and white at my disposal

let me know if your interested and we might be able to work somehing out.

Hi Rtbiscuit, would it be possible to make vinyl stickers for carbon fibre battery/brake fluid covers? I need the words "battery" and "brake fluid" made up and I cant seem to find anywhere that would do it. I would of course send some cash your way for your time.

R :teeth:

i can easily do lettering, will have to sit down and work out a pricing for it. as i never contemplated doing this like a trader.

if you give me size of the lettering i.e. if you were to draw a box round each word. as it gives me an idea on height.

and have a flick through MS word find a lettering style you like and let me know. and what colour you want. what i will probably do is go and buy my own vinyl roll. but use the school equipment.

i can easily do lettering, will have to sit down and work out a pricing for it. as i never contemplated doing this like a trader.

if you give me size of the lettering i.e. if you were to draw a box round each word. as it gives me an idea on height.

and have a flick through MS word find a lettering style you like and let me know. and what colour you want. what i will probably do is go and buy my own vinyl roll. but use the school equipment.

Cool i recon there could be quite a good demand for custom decals like this.

R