Weird happenings

srobrien

Hi folks, went out to start the car earlier and it took a few attempts before it would fire up?! this is very strange i've never had this happen to me.

Also when we were on the Aberdeen run yesterday, we all started with full fuel tanks, and by the end the other guys had over half a tank left but i had less that a quater?!?.

(I have a UK car BTW)

I wasn't driving any differently from the others I was just keeping up with the one in front most of the time.

I re-fitted my induction kit yesterday, I was just wandering if this was causing it to run rich, possibly flooding the engine a bit which was why it took a few goes to start.

Would the induction cause this? If so would an ECU reset sort it out?

Cheers

Ross

:headhurt:

Did an ecu reset (i think) no idea if it worked or not as my CEL light was not on in the first instance. will take her out for a spin later to see if it feels and different.

R

But your CEL light is on when you do the ecu reset when the engine is not running. You dont have to have the CEL light on because of an error to do the reset. If you have changed your filter/ induction kit it is advisable to do an ecu reset. ;)

Did an ecu reset (i think) no idea if it worked or not as my CEL light was not on in the first instance. will take her out for a spin later to see if it feels and different.

R

But your CEL light is on when you do the ecu reset when the engine is not running. You dont have to have the CEL light on because of an error to do the reset. If you have changed your filter/ induction kit it is advisable to do an ecu reset. ;)

Yeah it was on whilst doing the reset but you can't tell if its reset as when you start the car the light is not on as i didn't have it on in the first place (if you can understand that gibberish).

R

There is also the possibility that yoiure tank wasnt full to start with. Did you fill it on the pump stop and was the guage definately showing full, this isnt as stupid as it may sound. ;)

Yeah granted the tank was just under full as I had done a few miles prior to the meet but not 1/4 of a tanks worth.

R :)

R

Yeah it was on whilst doing the reset but you can't tell if its reset as when you start the car the light is not on as i didn't have it on in the first place (if you can understand that gibberish).

R

But you know if you have done the reset as the CEL light flashes during the ecu reset routine. ;)

R

R

But you know if you have done the reset as the CEL light flashes during the ecu reset routine. ;)

Yeah it did start flashing so i guess i did it right then :teeth:

R

Were you the last car?

I know when out on motorbikes riding in a group the guy at the front can be averaging 60 and the guy at the back is riding harder and averaging 80 to keep up. Sounds odd but it's true especially if there is traffic.