BT home hub installation question

neo

Just went round to a non-techie mates house to install his BT home hub (adsl) to find that we need a longer adsl cable from his phone socket+micro filter to the modem in another room.

The supplied black cable as 4 pins but looks like only the middle 2 are connected.........would a cable such as the one below be ok as all 4 pins are wired up ???

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36282

don't wanna keep going back and forwards with different cables.

(never installed a adsl line so wanna make sure it's done right :teeth: )

cheers :)

Yeah thats the right one but how much? :scare: Its only 2 RJ11 connectors and a bit of cable, jesus. It amazes me how much they charge for ready made cables.

If they want to get more speed out of their connection I can whole heartedly recommend replacing the master socket plate with one of these ADSL Nation XTE-2005 ( http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php ). Its a dedicated splitter and gives you a dedicated ADSL port and phone port. It got my connection up from 2MB to 4MB :yahoo:

just ordered a cable from ebay instead, including postage, £2.49 :)

have made RJ45 cables in the past but couldn't be arsed to make my own this time :lol:

don't think me mate cares about what speed he gets, just as long as he can get on facebook n msn messenger he's fine ;)