i made a wee MTB video! (new vid added!)

AK350Z

One of the benefits of being unemployed is the amount of spare time ;) , So I thought I'd go for a another ride, but this time take my camera and make a wee film. I think I've successfully managed to hide the sheer difficulty of filming yourself on a bike single-handedly!

Shame about the weather!

Vid and tune sounds like she's kicked you out, you ok bud?

Oh yeah... Sounds like that eh! :blush: No, just a bit of a rotten day really, sick of waiting for my next job to start, there's some security checks to do and it's taking aaaaaagges! The song just came to my head while i was going round, i love a bit of Folds, and I though it would be a good fit.

If the mood takes me today, i might go and film my more usual loop, it's jolly wet at the minute! :yuck:

Nice vid, good bit of riding bud! i must get a few vids when we go riding in the summer :teeth: xc sucks and downhill rules btw :p

:lol: Yeah yeah! My talent stops short of plummeting down cliffs on bikes with 6 foot of travel. :scare:

I was wondering if there was many other MTBers on here though.

Great video although watched it without sound on as I'm at work :(

I'm into MTB too, XC mainly as I struggle staying on the bike on the flat, never mind down hills! Got into it this time last year and did the coast to coast in the summer of 08 with some lads from Rugby. Planning on doing it again this year and I always enjoy the rides through the Lakes, such beautiful scenery.

Here is a pic of me on my bike, looking worse for wear and very cold (with a daft smile :teeth: )

Cropton22-11-08019.jpg

Grrrrr.... making me miss my patriot now... am thinking of getting back in the sadle though in the summer...

FYI, a gorilla pod could be a good investment if you havnt got one... and also the archos with the archos helmet cam is pretty good :thumbs:

Grrrrr.... making me miss my patriot now... am thinking of getting back in the sadle though in the summer...

FYI, a gorilla pod could be a good investment if you havnt got one... and also the archos with the archos helmet cam is pretty good :thumbs:

Yeah, wouldn't mind a gorilla or helmet cam, but just you wait and see todays ride once i've edited it up ;):lol:

Really enjoyed the vid, not so much the music. You must have been knackered, leaving the camera & then having to return. On the next one can I make a suggestion. When you do the panning shot you need John Cleese sitting a desk saying "and now for something different" :D

Nice Vid mate, you must of ridden the whole course twice by the time you'd set the camera up, ridden past and back to pick it up again!! :lol:

My bike is shamefully dusty at the moment, am off to Cwm Carn soon though... it's awesome.

Yep, pretty much!

There seems to be a lot of folks with dusty bikes here - Get Them Out! :D

New video of my more usual loop, seems video makes the fun decent part seem a bit slower than real life (honest).

Notes:

1) See if you can spot the prime future Zed photoshoot location at the start :teeth:

2) Could have been 2 vids i suppose, but cut them together!

3) The Heath Robinson camera setup.