Fuel Economy

D4XNY

Ok so im guessing none of you bought the cars for fuel economy etc, ha ha

Out of interest though, how much does it cost/litres to fill a tank, and how many miles do you get from a tank, driving the car averagely (if thats easy to do?!?!)

Dan

its an 80L tank on a UK car and less on an import... So it all depends on how much fuel is where you live?

On average I now get 1026 miles to a tank...... Bit less than last time the question was asked as it hasnt been asked for at least a week....

:lol: are we talking the same car Mark !

its an 80L tank on a UK car and less on an import... So it all depends on how much fuel is where you live?

On average I now get 1026 miles to a tank...... Bit less than last time the question was asked as it hasnt been asked for at least a week....

:lol: are we talking the same car Mark !

Yep!

costs around £60 to fill up, last me around 350 miles with my usual 4 mile drive to work and 4 miles back.

if i do long distance, which i've never done a whole tank on before i usually get about 450.

i reckon if i did a whole drive long distance i could possibly get 500 miles but it would be steady drving.

if i hoon it everywhere i probably looking at 250 miles

but like said above, its a regualrly asked questiona nd searching will show you alot more answers. ;)

1026 miles to a tank?????????????????? :surrender:

fuel and economy are not two words that readily go together with this car! I usually fill up before the light comes on and put about 50 quid of tesco 99ron in last time. I usually get just under 300 miles out of that driving daily to work in mix of country roads, A roads and traffic jams. According to the computer its an average of about 24mpg

fuel and economy are not two words that readily go together with this car! I usually fill up before the light comes on and put about 50 quid of tesco 99ron in last time. I usually get just under 300 miles out of that driving daily to work in mix of country roads, A roads and traffic jams. According to the computer its an average of about 24mpg

Cheers, to be honest i didnt, and im sure none of you bought the car for fuel economy, just wanted an idea of running costs really.

Also does higher octane fuel make much difference to the performance of these cars.

I know imports will benefit, as they use higher octane in Japan, but cars for the Uk market, im guessing the ECU is programmed to accept normal unleaded?

Its just i have a UK MR2, and didnt notice much difference performance wise, where as the guys who owned the imports did...

this is something i've never really got to the bottom of. Mine's an import and i always put higher octane in. I know some people with UK use the bog standard but don't really know if its ok for mine or not so can't help with that one.

Cheers, to be honest i didnt, and im sure none of you bought the car for fuel economy, just wanted an idea of running costs really.

Also does higher octane fuel make much difference to the performance of these cars.

I know imports will benefit, as they use higher octane in Japan, but cars for the Uk market, im guessing the ECU is programmed to accept normal unleaded?

Its just i have a UK MR2, and didnt notice much difference performance wise, where as the guys who owned the imports did...

The general feeling is that the higher octane makes the car perform better and in the long run saves money :)