Buying advice

D4XNY

Looked at my first Z today, I love them

Have got my heart set on one im seeing tomorrow though,

Is there anything i should be looking for? Any common faults?

What should i allow if fitted with a kit? or aftermarket alloys?

Although im looking for a GT spec one, im starting to notice not all have computers or sat navs. Are these extras on top of the GT spec?

Im gathering GT spec is:-

Heated Leather seats

Bose Sound System

Uprated suspension?

Steering wheel controls??

Any guidance will be much appreciated before i view tomorrow

Was told the one i saw today was an ex members car??

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/884397.htm

It definately did look mint, and GT spec, and i suppose at 60000 miles, its about right for the age?

Just noticed no computer or satnav though.

Cheers

Dan

I would look for a private sale car with about 1/2 that milage and pay a few k more... Not that there is anything wrong with high milage but you will get hit at resale time as costs are coming down...

And GT cars have cruise, leather and bose, not uprated suspension.

Whos car was it by the way?

And dont understand your question about aftermarket kit and alloys? If you want to know about parts fitted afterwards, check out www.z-store.co.uk

I would look for a private sale car with about 1/2 that milage and pay a few k more... Not that there is anything wrong with high milage but you will get hit at resale time as costs are coming down...

And GT cars have cruise, leather and bose, not uprated suspension.

Whos car was it by the way?

And dont understand your question about aftermarket kit and alloys? If you want to know about parts fitted afterwards, check out www.z-store.co.uk

Basically I seen one selling private, same mileage, but private seller, nismo front and rear spoilers fitted and aftermarket deep dish wheels fitted. And its 2 yrs newer (2005)

I dont know whose car it was, but whoever sold it to the dealer, was after a skyline R34 and used theirs as part ex, they mentioned they were part of a car club, i presume this one, and looked after the car very well.

Dan

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/910908.htm

Thats the one Im looking at.

I'd like to also point out that this car was on sale about 5 weeks ago for 11995

The new owners girlfriend was made redundant, and hence they are now forced to sell, having had the car barely a month. He welcomes any RAC/AA inspections.

However expecting 12495 in my eyes is still a bit steep? Thats where i have to consider some money spent on it, ie, the nismo kit and the alloys.

I will haggle with him, but in my eyes, i dont think i should pay anymore than 11k, cos i reckon he paid around 11700 for it myself, seeing as he already let slip that the original owner had the original alloys, but could sell separately if he dropped some money off the price....

Your views??

Dan

A seller never gets their money back on modifications. The most it will do is "help" sell the car (if the potential buyer likes the mods of course) but it should never bump up the price. The mods make absolutely no difference. So I'm in total agreement with you that you should stick with 11k if not even less for the modded one. There was a local 2005 gt spec one to me recently with 59k miles, top spec fsh etc at a Nissan MAIN dealer willing to accept 11k. So to be honest you should pick up the 2005 one from a private buyer for a fair bit less. Personally I prefer the look of the silver/grey 2003 one. It has done less than average mileage at 60k miles for a 6yr old car and price seems about right and a bit of a bargain. Make sure it comes with a 12 month warranty as you're getting it from a trader and it has a spare key! If not get them to order it for you BEFORE you buy it and it states it on the paperwork. I forgot to enquire about that when I got mine and I had to wait 6 weeks for mine and pay extra money on top!