Pulstar spark plugs

martinmac

I was talking to a rep who was with CS the other day and got onto the subject of Pulstart spark plugs. I did a search on here and came up with nothing.

Well someone has to be first so I will be fitting a set soon.

They have been well discussed on other forums so it will be interesting to see how they do. :)

A review from a US site, belive me I have done a lot of reading. ;)

Just tested these for Modified Mag and was shocked by the results. We put SG Motorsports very low mileage (1200 miles) 2006 350Z Roadster on U2Ndyno.com's Dynapack hub dyno with the stock spark plugs plus a SG cold air intake and cat-back exhaust and it made a peak of 237whp after three consecutive pulls. We then installed the Pulstar plugs and made a peak of 250whp after three consecutive pulls. Will post the graph once I'm back in the office next week.

Given these results we're going to test them on a bunch of other engines including my '06 G35 coupe so that we can verify the gains. If these kinds of gains are consistent, then these plugs are a serious bargain at $25/each.

Believe me, I was very skeptical when reading the claims from Pulstar but after testing them out on SG's '06 Z roadster, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and reassess what it is these spark plugs are doing differently. Will be publishing these results and a tech story about the plugs in the April issue of the mag.

I was talking to a rep who was with CS the other day and got onto the subject of Pulstart spark plugs. I did a search on here and came up with nothing.

Well someone has to be first so I will be fitting a set soon.

They have been well discussed on other forums so it will be interesting to see how they do. :)

A review from a US site, belive me I have done a lot of reading. ;)

Just tested these for Modified Mag and was shocked by the results. We put SG Motorsports very low mileage (1200 miles) 2006 350Z Roadster on U2Ndyno.com's Dynapack hub dyno with the stock spark plugs plus a SG cold air intake and cat-back exhaust and it made a peak of 237whp after three consecutive pulls. We then installed the Pulstar plugs and made a peak of 250whp after three consecutive pulls. Will post the graph once I'm back in the office next week.

Given these results we're going to test them on a bunch of other engines including my '06 G35 coupe so that we can verify the gains. If these kinds of gains are consistent, then these plugs are a serious bargain at $25/each.

Believe me, I was very skeptical when reading the claims from Pulstar but after testing them out on SG's '06 Z roadster, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and reassess what it is these spark plugs are doing differently. Will be publishing these results and a tech story about the plugs in the April issue of the mag.

Might not have been posted, but drop Sasha a line at SG and see what he says. The plugs burned a hole in the boot in at least one of the cylinders, which then causes an arc. These things are, what the spanish call "el garbage"

in short....if they were worth using, everyone would be using them. I personally know people who have used them (including Sasha, who is mentioned in the first link you posted) who wouldn't use them if you paid them now

there is thread after thread about people who used them, hated them, removed them

http://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dyno/ ... -junk.html

littered with people who weren't happy

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-driv ... ugs-8.html

if it was something worth selling, believe me, I'd sell it (I happen to know someone who works there in fact, who you'll see mentioned on various sites). But, thankfully, I waited to see how the results turned out from people I know who used them, and ultimately chose not to sell them

Adam, thanks for your input with this... :thumbs:

no worries

I like everyone here...I don't want to see anyone make any sort of mistake, especially with something as simple, yet critical as a spark plug

stick to a stock plug, or, if forced induction, the appropriate temperature aftermarket plug, and you won't have anything to worry about

case in point - I am using stock plugs on my own car (I had run Denso Iridiums, they had worked well for me also). I changed from the Denso's last fall when I replaced my coil packs. The plugs looked fine, but since I had new ones on the shelf, I chose to change them anyway. Net result....zero power difference ;)