I think i have done something stupid today.

Pimm

In receiving my Eibach springs and spacers i decided to fit the spacers(easy job) and the rear springs myself even though i have it booked in next Wednesday with my local garage.

I must say first i am not a machanic but i will have a go. I jacked the rear up and undone a few things and took out the old springs and put the new ones in BUT i think i have put them in upside down :blush:

The Eibach print which is on the springs is upside down as you are looking at them, no laughing you lot this is my first time.

I also started the front after borrowing some spring tensioners from the garage i have the car booked in with next week :lol:

It took me a hour to get the shock off but after some time one side is finished and the spring is on the correct way because it would only fit with the end bits on one way :thumbs:

So my poor Z in is my garage jacked up front wheels off, one front side done and the rears have the lowering springs on upside down. I was not going to mention this tonight but it's all about having a go and i have learnt alot today :D

Anybody want to confirm if i have cocked up :blush::blush:

Thanks for your answers guy's.

I can now whip out the rear ones in no time at all :thumbs: in the morning and that leaves me that last front side to do and then i am ready to rock and roll :D

I will start a new thread with pictures of before and after once i have finished my 2 minute job.

There is something about doing it yourself that gives me that :yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks for your answers guy's.

I can now whip out the rear ones in no time at all :thumbs: in the morning and that leaves me that last front side to do and then i am ready to rock and roll :D

I will start a new thread with pictures of before and after once i have finished my 2 minute job.

There is something about doing it yourself that gives me that :yahoo::yahoo:

Top work... :thumbs:

Few things better than fitting parts yourself. Brilliant feeling!!!

Yes the writing should be the right way up on all the springs. Make sure you tweak the top mounts bolts once its all fully installed to check its nice and tight :teeth: Tis a bi@tch to get the shock out the upper wishbone isnt it!?

How did you get on with this today pimm?

I got up Friday morning and started at 6.30 :scare: and had it all finish by 10.

Love the new look B) god it does and is very low. I have some new pictures but i have had problems with my pc at home, keeps logging me off the site :rant:

How did you get on with this today pimm?

I got up Friday morning and started at 6.30 :scare: and had it all finish by 10.

Love the new look B) god it does and is very low. I have some new pictures but i have had problems with my pc at home, keeps logging me off the site :rant:

Nice work, Pimm, looking forward to seeing the photos... B):thumbs: