K&N Typhoon on its way !

andyvvc

Cheers to CS for the prompt service on this one. I think it will be with me tomorrow (Thursday) if im lucky. Will be fitting this weekend. Pics should follow.

I kinda figures that the uprated Y pipe, K1 exhaust, plenum spacer and cooler plugs probably warranted a little better breathing too :)

Oh - if the gf ever asks, these Typhoons only cost £35. Ok :)

Cheers to CS for the prompt service on this one. I think it will be with me tomorrow (Thursday) if im lucky. Will be fitting this weekend. Pics should follow.

I kinda figures that the uprated Y pipe, K1 exhaust, plenum spacer and cooler plugs probably warranted a little better breathing too :)

Oh - if the gf ever asks, these Typhoons only cost £35. Ok :)

It’s packed and ready to be collected, it’ll be with the courier this afternoon… :thumbs:

also, the instructions that come with it are very good but you can get away without having to jack the car up and completely removing the cover.

if you get stuck fitting send me a pm :thumbs:

Jacking the car up? I thought i would just be unbolting the OEM filters housing, then bolting the K&N straight in...? Is there more to it? Oh bugger ! :)

Does it come with the scoop mate? Mine has the scoop which sits behind the vents under the numberplate. It's a bitch to install, it's not hard, just a bit of a pain. If it's just an intake pipe then it's pretty straightforward. Remember to do a ECU reset after.

Oh, one thing - check what type of screws the maf has on it, mine has star shaped scews with a small centre section. I had to go to B&Q to buy 2-3 screwdrivers while in the middle of fitting mine!!!

And +1 you do not need to jack up the car, just make sure your on a flat surface (this only applies if your having the scoop).

You can pm me as well if you get stuck I'll send you my mobile no if it helps :thumbs:

And enjoy the new tunes :teeth:

I think is the scoop one. Its arrived here at work so i will collect it from the mailroom in a bit :)

Does the scoop slot into place and bolt to the main housing near the filter? Or does it bolt into the number plate area too?

Cheers for the offer of help mate - can you PM me your mobile number? You might get a txt or call this weekend if i get annoyed trying to fit it lol

EDIT - cheers to CS for the fantastic service. I ordered this late on Monday iirc and its arrived already :thumbs:

Pm sent mate :thumbs:

You've got the same kit as the one I fitted. Let me start off by saying it's a fantastic bit of kit but I found it a bit of a bitch to install, and that was really because I was nervous fitting a cai to my 350z and seating the scoop was a bit of a pain, but I got there in the end, patience and plenty of coffee, oh and a garage if it's raining!

Some tips for you (this is not the full install ok!)

So what you need to do is remove the old intake as per the k&n instructions, if you don't have them you can download them from the k&n website. remove the maf and install in new intake (check the screws on your old maf as I had a problem with the heads and needed to buy a special screwdriver from b&q), you do not need to remove the bumper fully ok you just have to remove the bolts underneath the bumper, remove the bumper guard, pull the splash guard down and push the scoop up. If you run out of time you can just install the intake & filter without the scoop. I did notice rough idling when warm without the scoop, and when I fitted the scoop the rough idling went away and all is well. And also, make sure you do a ECU reset for the engine to recognise the new intake.

Then go and play and listen to that noise!