How easy is it to replace the front Nissan badge on bonnet

matth76

For some reason the Nissan badge on the front of my car just in front of the bonnet looks a bit faded (the actual black text saying Nissan seems to be a bit patchy) strange for a 3.5yr old car. Anyway has anyone else replaced their badge? If so how easy and quick is it to do and how much is a genuine new nissan badge?

Thanks for any help and info.

I changed mine last week. I used a paint stripper gun to get the badge really hot and then use a wooden craft knife type object with a cloth on the end and slowly prised the old badge off.

Keep the whole area as warm as you can and you will find the glue will also rub off using your fingers and then a little polish to finish off.

Happy days :D

I changed mine last week. I used a paint stripper gun to get the badge really hot and then use a wooden craft knife type object with a cloth on the end and slowly prised the old badge off.

Keep the whole area as warm as you can and you will find the glue will also rub off using your fingers and then a little polish to finish off.

paint stripper gun, :scare: Surprised you've got any paint left, sound ssevere to me, hairdryer is fine.

Clearly I had to borrow one before any one says anything :bleh:

paint stripper gun, :scare: Surprised you've got any paint left, sound ssevere to me, hairdryer is fine.

I of course got a hairdryer free with the car :p

You really did take note what that guy said in the scooby on the Wales run :p

I was carefull Mike :p otherwise i could of had a melted lump of plastic as a bumper on the floor :lol:

You really did take note what that guy said in the scooby on the Wales run :p

:lol::lol::lol: I had forgotten about that, a real classic. He saw a zed and yelled HAIRDRESSER, he then realised there were 50 of us :lol:

Are the badges just stuck on? I thought there was a bit of a recess and they were in by pins? If its just on a flat surface mine is coming off pronto!

Tha badges are stuck on the front, the rear is also stuck on and has two small pins/holes in the boot lid.

Are the badges just stuck on? I thought there was a bit of a recess and they were in by pins? If its just on a flat surface mine is coming off pronto!

Tha badges are stuck on the front, the rear is also stuck on and has two small pins/holes in the boot lid.

Unless its a roadster in which case the boot is plastic and has no pin holes so its easy to debadge :)

Unless its a roadster in which case the boot is plastic and has no pin holes so its easy to debadge :)

ooopps, you learn something every day :D

Thanks Martin :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

So here goes nothing, got my badges today and decided to give it a bash to get the old ones off and these new ones on!

Tools used:

Halfords rubbing compound

Halfords polishing cloth

Butter knife (plastic from IKEA)

Chop stick (eating kind... not joking) in wood.

Heatgun (B&Q)

So I went ahead and heated up the front badge first, a bit to much I think since I managed to melt the paint on the side of the badge :stretcher:

Went ahead anyway with lower heat setting on the heat gun! (some heat from it!) Took the butter knife and stuck it in on the side of the badge and bent the badge off took no more then 10 seconds :#3:. The fun part started with trying to get that sticky gluish stuff away from where the badge had been sitting. Used the butter knife here and the chop stick wrapped in some cloth. (worked pretty ok) After a lot of elbow grease and heat I used a cloth with some rubbing compound to get the last bits off the front. Looks good! :thumbs: Now to the rear, repeated above BAR messing up the paint! :yahoo::#1:

(got the bird poo of the boot too and also managed to get blisters on my fingers... :doh: )

Here below are some photos:

Front Before I started

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/F ... 4062293202

Front badge gone

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/F ... 0086887122

Made a mess here :headhurt:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/F ... 7704806946

Front done

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/F ... 4174313154

Rear before

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/F ... 3289791474

Rear badge gone

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/F ... 4306768210

Rear done

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/F ... 7679793186

:dummy:

Rear was a bit scary to do since you don't have much room for error putting the new badge on...

Now I put two of these in the fridge for later :bye:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/F ... 1605672658

PS: was trying to do nice attached photos but looks like it didn't like the dimensions and I can't be arsed changing them (sorry)

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

• 2 weeks later...