LED sidelights

BulletMagnet

they look really good those, how easy were they to change? could you send me the ebay link please.

I also notice you still have the orange indicators, something i have been wanting to change for ages but it looks like such a big job, why you cant access them from under the bonnet i have no clue :wacko:

eBay link:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Gxx-LED-Center ... asstQQtZkm

Look for the 4xLED W5W capless, cost £2.99 for the pair.

They came in a nice little Jiffy envelope and because I ordered two pairs, I got a free airfreshener, lol.

Delivery was next day, which is nice and fast.

bulb change procedure:

- jack car up

- remove wheel

- remove four bolts, two screws and three clips

- remove wheelarch liner

- change bulb

WingLiner_800x600.jpg

Oh, another thing I noticed.

on that pic of the wheel arch liner, on the lower front where it'as showing 4x bolts and one clip, it's actually 5x bolts, that one clip is the screw that also keeps the under bumper chin lip on.

the bolts need 10mm sockets btw

I'll post a pic of the sidelights in the dark when it gets.....uhmmmmm.....dark.

Yeah, will do that next time.

Now that I know how to get to the lights :)

Just a note, Darren told be that the LED sidelights will be a MOT failure, so remember to swap the standard ones back before going for an MOT.

Didn't fail my MOT. As long as they are the white ones and not blue. Indicator bulbs can be changed from just opening the bonnet and getting to the back of the headlight there. No easy and quite fiddly but do-able. Even me with my cabbage hands managed it.

Yeah, will do that next time.

Now that I know how to get to the lights :)

Just a note, Darren told be that the LED sidelights will be a MOT failure, so remember to swap the standard ones back before going for an MOT.

Didn't fail my MOT. As long as they are the white ones and not blue. Indicator bulbs can be changed from just opening the bonnet and getting to the back of the headlight there. No easy and quite fiddly but do-able. Even me with my cabbage hands managed it.

Yup you have to be careful. My white LEDs failed last time as apparently they were too blue :surrender: Nissan Slough kindly swapped them out and left the LED ones in my ash tray, all for free :thumbs:

Just something to watch out for with the LED's - I fitted some similar to those a few months ago and literally within a week they were flickering on and off.

Someone will be along to correct me Im sure but I think its caused by some type of voltage / amp issue as the LED's draw less power than the standard sidelights?? I think PIAA do a set with an inbuilt resistor but didnt fancy the £30 pricetag.

Fingers crossed your ones last longer than mine did - if they do I think I'll have to get a some as they look so much better with the Xenons :thumbs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-4-LED-Xenon-wh ... m153.l1262

When you look at the product, you can see that there are resistors soldered into the bulb, prolly to aid the voltage / amp issue you talk about.

Dunno how long darren has had his, he may be able to tell us how long he's had them.

And even so, at £2.99 for the pair, it's hardly gonna break the bank.