FS: iPhone 3G 8GB (black) Just 7 Days Old...

nate247

Yes im having a bit of a clear out here as you may have noticed by the other thread. Long story short is that I am trying to raise funds so I can finally start modding my 350z ready for the summer.

Any how... I have a virtually brand new iPhone 3G 8GB, boxed and in immaculate condition. In the couple of days use it had, it was in a case and has a protective screen cover on it worth £10, so absolutely no marks and no scratches.

Reason I am selling is that my partner upgraded to it but has decided she is quite happy with her iPhone 2G and wouldn't use the extra features (as she's not as gadget obsessed as us blokes) ;-) lol

These are going for £350 in o2 stores so ideally I / we are looking for £275 including Royal Mail Special Delivery (so £75 cheaper than retail).

It isn't unlocked but from what I read it isn't too difficult. If however you are on o2 then all the better as you can just wack your sim in, call o2 and hey presto.

Any questions though, please feel free to ask.

All the best,

Nathan

That's a hell of a bargain imo.

Got a 2G iPhone myself which has been unlocked by myself (have done other peoples 2G's too, for free ofc)

The thing that gets me wound up is the cheek of some companys to charge for an unlock, when you can do this by yourself for free.

All you need is the ability to read and an internet connection.

On that note, if anybody wants any help unlocking iPhones, I'm sure I can direct you to the right info needed.

Got a 2G iPhone myself which has been unlocked by myself (have done other peoples 2G's too, for free ofc)

The thing that gets me wound up is the cheek of some companys to charge for an unlock, when you can do this by yourself for free.

On that note, if anybody wants any help unlocking iPhones, I'm sure I can direct you to the right info needed.

+1 absolute bargain.

i might get in touch in the near future :thumbs:

All the functions no as some of them are operator specific i.e. I think VisualVoicemail is only available through BT. I think there is something else but I think they are the only operator specific functions. Everything else should work fine.

Note if you are running firmware 2.2 on a 3G then you will not be able to unlock it. If you buy a new one you also will not be able to as my friend found out as you need to update it before being able to activate it :(

All the functions no as some of them are operator specific i.e. I think VisualVoicemail is only available through BT. I think there is something else but I think they are the only operator specific functions. Everything else should work fine.

Note if you are running firmware 2.2 on a 3G then you will not be able to unlock it. If you buy a new one you also will not be able to as my friend found out as you need to update it before being able to activate it :(

Correction, the 2.2 FW has now been made unlockable.

Once you Jailbreaked your iPhone 3G with QuickPwn and installed Cydia, look for the yellowsn0w application, which will unlock the 2.2 FW for you.

This was realeased by the Dev Team just after New Years.

btw, my 2G iPhone came from the US, bought it off eBay when they first became available and using my 7-year old vodafone contract SIM in it with no issues whatsever, running 2.2 FW too.

Once you Jailbreaked your iPhone 3G with QuickPwn and installed Cydia, look for the yellowsn0w application, which will unlock the 2.2 FW for you.

btw, my 2G iPhone came from the US, bought it off eBay when they first became available and using my 7-year old vodafone contract SIM in it with no issues whatsever, running 2.2 FW too.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Im confused

Jailbreaking is a process that allows you to "free" your phone from Apple dependancy, i.e. you don't need iTunes to activate the phone.

Whilst jailbreaking, you can install an application called Cydia, which will allow you to download 3rd party content, like themes, ringtones and other apps.

Ah - 2G and 3G are totally different. The 3G 2.2 updates the baseband i.e. the telephone bit of the phone. The 2G 2.2 still has the old basebad, they did not update it.

Only the old original baseband can be unlocked. So if you have a 2G then you are fine but if you have a 3G with 2.2 you can't UNLESS you use QuickPwn to jailbreak and upgrade to 2.2 as it does not upgrade the baseband part. Then you can unlock.

Put simply - you may well be unable to unlock your iPhone 3G if its new or up to date with the latest firmware

I've jailbroken mine but with the app store out now there isnt really any need to jailbreak.

Unless you want all those bog standard apps you get else where like.. MMS, Copy & Paste, Nav ....etc etc :teeth:

MMS is available via the app store

xGPS (satnav) isnt the best, hopefully be updated soon

but yes, copy and paste is helpful. The best thing i downloaded via cydia is categories (adds folders instead of having every app on the main screen)

Anyway, i think you can unlock the iphone 3g using yellow snow

http://www.macgeekblog.com/blog/archive ... -snow.html

You can't send and receive MMS's like normal phones.

The app you get on the store are just interfaces to the website that O2 use when your phone can't take MMSs. You also then have to send MMSs via their application which costs more.

If you have MMS enabled on your account with SwirlyMMS its like any other phone. It also comes out of your normal txt allowance too which is very handy = free for me as I don't use up my monthly allowance.

Its a great little app BUT it means getting MMS turned on on your account as its disabled on all iPhone accounts by default. Took me 4 phone calls to get through to one who would enable it on my account. Had to lie about using my SIM in another phone during weekends which I wanted to send MMSs from.

Bit of an arse to setup but now works perfectly like any normal MMS app