Clutch Fluid

Martin W

On complete chance I popped the cover off the Clutch and Brake Fluid compartment and noticed what appears the be a completely empty Clutch Fluid reservoir just now. (The small upright one)

The Filler cap top says to clean it before removing and use Brake fluid - some reference to NABCO? Manual says use DOT3

Can somone educate me here?

Worried! - only serviced last month! :angry:

More than likely the fluid leak will be from the clutch slave cyl. which is fixed to the side of the gearbox.

Usually there are no external visable signs of fluid loss as the fluid gathers inside the slave cyl. rubber boot.

To establish if this is the case then just gently pull the boot to one side and the fluid will run out.

Make sure that you are not directly below the slave when you do this.;)

It has been known for the clutch master to eventually empty of fluid resulting in loss of clutch hydraulics.

Cheers,

Alex.

All new to me, sounds potentially expensive too

Theres no sign of fluid loss, and the last months service didn't highlight this as an issue.

Where do I find the Slave cylinder to 'pull' the boot aside? :thumbs:

EDIT:

Panic over! pulled the cap off to find fluid is quite clear and had been overfilled past the MAX level and the fluid level wasn't visible.