New head-unit required

srobrien

Hi Lads/Lasses, before I have my zed delivered I would like to have a new head-unit ready to go in her, as there is no point in driving if i cant have my ipod on.

Im looking for a double-dinn touchscreen unit with satnav and dvd playback. Preferably something that could integrate into the current system without having to cut/splice any wires. Looking to spend around £600 but have up to £900.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

R

How about the alpine W505? one of the best headunits for the money. You can get the optional sat nav (called the blackbird), that slots into the headunits fascia, very trick. When i,m feeling flush that will be my choice.

The W502 is sooo much better value. The blackburd nav is not great. I would much rather just buy a W502 and get a TomTom.

Right, i've gone and bought a Pioneer F900BT, got a good deal, plus a free ipod touch :)

I've done a bit of searching and im really none the wiser with installing. I understand that there is an issue with the front speakers working at 2ohms so the sound quality is pap.

I can't afford to get new speakers QUITE yet, maybe in a few months.

Where do I start with regards to hooking up the new headunit to the existing bose wiring loom, I cant seem to find any guides with definate answers.

Cheers

R

Thats a very good price knowing the cost price on that using.

With the BOSE system you can get a converter which converts the RCA outputs to the correct level for the BOSE. The problem is not the speakers being the wrong ohmage its the fact the amp expects a signal that is between RCA line level and speaker level.

Hello,

I've just brought myself a 57 plate 350z GT pack and i'm looking at fitting a pioneer head unit, this article has been a great help. Will any slicing of the wiring be required or will the adapter do all this?

Has anyone fit a navigation head unit already? I was just wondering if it may be a little low down and distract you from driving! I can't decide whether to go for a cd player/ipod unit or a navigation unit.

I am looking at a double din unit and was wondering if i will need to buy any facia or will the unit sit flush in the mounting?

Any recommendations?

Steve