Digital TV in your Z

RobbieB

Hey Guys,

If a thread similar to this has already been started I apologise profusely, I couldn't find it!

When I was shopping around for my 350Z I went to an import place and had a look at a couple. One had a Jap Sat Nav and I was obviously not impressed. However the salesperson told me of a place that can convert it in to a TV / DAB radio ( http://www.soarer.tv/Nissan350/ )

Two questions:

Has anyone done this and what do you think?

Can this be done if there is just a cubby hole and not a sat nav?

Rob

Digital TV in a car is pretty pants... very poor signal... Not woth the cash in my opinion!

+1. Even the most expensive systems rarely give a good crisp signal. imho, you are better off sticking a DVD on if you want to watch something in-car. :thumbs:

:welcome: to the club btw! :thumbs:

Well I think you got your answer there but thanks for the info - you never know it may be useful in the future.

did'nt know digi telly stirred up so many strong emotions? :)

Just think 40 channels of QVC shopping channel while your sat at the lights ......now if you look here Doreen you can see this delightful napkin in pastel blue with a lovely ribbon edging - only £2.99 for 900 - bargain... :headhurt:

Digital TV in a car is pretty pants... very poor signal... Not woth the cash in my opinion!

Depends on the system. I have seen the Alpine system with external aerials that go around the rear windows and was fairly impressed with it. Its a Digital system and we got a good signal driving for 30 minutes in southampton

My Dads Range Rover has a TV in it. It's the same as standard BMW items so it can only work when it's in Neutral or the engine is off or something. Anyway, not great really!

The Lambo system (read Audi) was terrible, the M3 is decent however. although, I'm really not sure when anyone would want to watch any kind of TV in their car??? if I'm in it, I'm driving it, if i'm not in it I will watch my full size TV at home...... :blush:

Rumour has it, if you earth the handbrake cable, it will work all the time :shutup:

i thought thats where you wire it if you didnt want it to work all the time, if the handbrake was up it would work and then released it wouldnt as a safety feature, i used to wire them up to an alternative earthing point, then it would work constantly

Rumour has it, if you earth the handbrake cable, it will work all the time :shutup:

i thought thats where you wire it if you didnt want it to work all the time, if the handbrake was up it would work and then released it wouldnt as a safety feature, i used to wire them up to an alternative earthing point, then it would work constantly

That's what I was getting at ;)