New Car - Bluetooth question...

had ham

So my 06 Roadster has gone and my new 313 GT Coupe arrived today and is sitting on my drive (apologies as I'm not sure if this should be in the Technical bit?).

The new car's pretty much the same as my old one inside except I'm struggling with the Bluetooth. I'd assumed stupidly it would be the same as the system in MRs HH's Pathfinder, but no! In the Pathfinder you just switch your phone on, and then tell the Sat Nav system to look for a phone, and connection ensues. With the Z I have a phone cradle in the centre console box, which the owners manual tells me I have to populate with a bluetooth adaptor before my phone can connect. Since the salesman told me my car was bluetooth prepared, should I have been given the adaptor, or do I have to buy this seperately? My phone (HTC PDA/phone) won't fit into the cradle so I really do need bluetooth - I need to use the phone for client calls when driving....

Hence I really could do with your advice. I'll of course be calling the dealer first thing tomorrow, but it is very likely you lot can offer more valuable counsel....

Help!

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Well I spoke to my salesman (who has been a star throughout the buying process) first thing, and he said he'd ring me back once he'd investigated.

Called me back after an hour telling me they had ordered the bluetooth adaptor and that it would be ready to collect tomorrow (Sat) from 10AM onwards - seems they don't often come with the cars for some reason...

Anyway, I should be ready to talk in-car from Sunday.

Uniquely, dealing with this fella has been a pleasure and has restored my faith in a dealer which hasn't done too well in the past. I shall be dropping a bottle of wine off for him to say thanks.....