Clear fog light unit and l.e.d reverse ?

M350ZB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main problem I found with all these LED bulbs is also the angle that the holder is in relation to the direction you want it to point. A lot of these bulbs point straight out and our bulb is at an angle which means you are left with just the light that reflects off the internal reflector of the unit. You can get high powered LED bulbs which would work, if only we could modify them to point straight out the back rather than off to the side :rant:

The main problem I found with all these LED bulbs is also the angle that the holder is in relation to the direction you want it to point. A lot of these bulbs point straight out and our bulb is at an angle which means you are left with just the light that reflects off the internal reflector of the unit. You can get high powered LED bulbs which would work, if only we could modify them to point straight out the back rather than off to the side :rant:

Well just leaves me the task of removing the fog light unit now then :scare::lol:

Well just leaves me the task of removing the fog light unit now then :scare::lol:

Just rip the bumper off its the easiest way, it might take a bit of time, but its easier in the long run. Plus you can fit one of those hidden reverse sensors in the bumper at the same time :thumbs:

Problem i have is it is not as easy as removing the rear bumper as i have the arch's too bud :scare::lol: , might be a case of just leeaving them :wacko:

I certainly wouldn't envy the task of doing it Mark. I don't think it'd be straight forward on your car at all.

Problem i have is it is not as easy as removing the rear bumper as i have the arch's too bud :scare::lol: , might be a case of just leeaving them :wacko:

I certainly wouldn't envy the task of doing it Mark. I don't think it'd be straight forward on your car at all.

Great :scare::lol:

+1

Might have been an idea to get it done when you had the kit fitted :p

+1

Not overally bothered about fitting it, but would prefer a clear fog unit, if not they will be up for sale :headhurt: , but gonna give it a good go over the weekend hopefully :scare::lol:

+1

IIRC I noticed and told him just after he got it done :doh:

• 3 months later...
Got mine from ESR :) I've got the clear fog light unit & also bought the clear indicator bulbs & the led foglight bulb :thumbs:

IMG00003-20090120-2121.jpg

Hey, i'm looking for a set of these clear rear indictors myself, but i cant seem to find them anywhere. The ones on JDM performance are different (crystal clear), which isnt OEM enough for me. You say you got your ones from ESR? Who/what is ESR? I googled them but didnt find anything at all. Do you have a link to where i can buy them? Cheers.

I managed to get hold of an OEM light from a UK car. Was planning on fitting it to my JDM when I get it back. Problem is though that all the links to the bulbs in this thread are now out of date and no longer work.

Can anyone provide a link for the silver indicator bulbs and also the red one for the fog light?

Or just let me know what I need to search for on ebay/google.

Cheers guys.

I managed to get hold of an OEM light from a UK car. Was planning on fitting it to my JDM when I get it back. Problem is though that all the links to the bulbs in this thread are now out of date and no longer work.

Can anyone provide a link for the silver indicator bulbs and also the red one for the fog light?

Cheers guys.

Red reverse LED bulb - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-7440-7443-T2 ... 47680709QQ

Silver indicator bulbs - http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_de ... odID=52189

:thumbs:

Cheers guys.

Thanks very much Chris. So is it that Red reverse LED bulb that I use for the foglight I take it? Is LED bright enough for the fog light as someone on here said it was a bit poor? Forgive my stupidity. Thanks again.

Cheers guys.

Thanks very much Chris. So is it that Red reverse LED bulb that I use for the foglight I take it? Is LED bright enough for the fog light as someone on here said it was a bit poor? Forgive my stupidity. Thanks again.

Sorry, I am a muppet sometimes and dont think what I am typing! That is indeed the fog light, not reverse light :blush: Its definately the one you want, I have tried loads from the same seller and that was by far the best. Passed the MOT with flying colours last Sept with it in my clear cluster :thumbs:

Cheers guys.

Sorry, I am a muppet sometimes and dont think what I am typing! That is indeed the fog light, not reverse light :blush: Its definately the one you want, I have tried loads from the same seller and that was by far the best. Passed the MOT with flying colours last Sept with it in my clear cluster :thumbs:

:lol: No worries mate just wanted to make sure I was getting the right thing. Going to order the bits now and give me something to do when the car comes back.

Cheers mate.

I would be nervous of the JDM performance ones. I bought 4 and one blew within 2 weeks, two have gone almost a red colour glow now and they are very dim

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/wy21w- ... 16461.html - these are much better

Dan

Damn it Ive already placed the order. Actually its not that much of a problem as they arent too expensive. Ill go with the JDM for now and if they do start to go tits up then I can always replace them with the ones you recommended. At least I wont have to change the cluster more then once.

Thanks for the advice though mate!

I would be nervous of the JDM performance ones. I bought 4 and one blew within 2 weeks, two have gone almost a red colour glow now and they are very dim

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/wy21w- ... 16461.html - these are much better

Dan

Damn it Ive already placed the order. Actually its not that much of a problem as they arent too expensive. Ill go with the JDM for now and if they do start to go tits up then I can always replace them with the ones you recommended. At least I wont have to change the cluster more then once.

Thanks for the advice though mate!

Wouldnt worry too much, I have had my JDM Performance ones for over a year now and they havent faded, although they could be brighter. Nowt wrong with them, I think Dan might have got some duff ones. Phillips ones will no doubt be better quality though, we know for future reference ;)

ESR no longer trades bud, and tbh im not to sure where you could buy the oem look from, sure someone will be along soon with an answer soon :thumbs:

Adam sells them & did try to set up a group buy a while back for them :thumbs: