Clear fog light unit and l.e.d reverse ?

M350ZB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent today fitting mine, its an absolute bitch of a job. I think it took the 3 of us about 3hours, the majority of which was getting the bumper on & off.

Also if your car is lowered it will be soooo much easier if you take the rear wheels off to get at the bolts by the wheels, with the wheels in place its really hard to get a socket in there to undo/tighten them.

I used this guide http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13807 and went the route of removing the rear bumper completley.

DSC_1169.jpg

DSC_1170.jpg

DSC_1179.jpg

Ill get some better pics with it lit up tomorrow, the one above has the hazards flashing aswell

:)

Looks good Ian, glad you got round to it eventually :yawn::p

Unfortuantely, I may be going through that all over again. Some numbnutt old lady reveresed into my drivers side rear bumper the other day :scare: Maily just a scuff to the corner, but its snapped the left hand connector of the bumper/fog light. I'm hoping its just the bumper as they admitted liability so getting a new one, but think it will be a sod to find a new clear fog light :cry:

Took me 20 min to get the bumper off, another 15 to put it back on. Thought it was fairly easy :blush:.

Things are much more difficult when theres hardly any gap between wheel and arch ;)

The 2 little white clips took ages to get out aswell :blush:

• 3 weeks later...
I still need to do mine too Mark. I think I'll remove the bumper. I'll see if it's possible with the wheels removed first though.

Thats what i was thinking, removing the wheels and coming in from that angle, tried by removing the rear brake lights, but no luck, just to tight of a gap .

The white clips are the devils work! I could it off, but not back on again (I only removed the drivers side of the bumoper). Fortunately, because that old biddy hit me and I got a new bumper, the repair place had to put it back properly. They told me it was the worst type of fitment they'd ever seen :lol:

The white clips are the devils work! I could it off, but not back on again (I only removed the drivers side of the bumoper). Fortunately, because that old biddy hit me and I got a new bumper, the repair place had to put it back properly. They told me it was the worst type of fitment they'd ever seen :lol:

I have the crystal clear rear bumper lights on mine (from JDM) and L.E.D. fog light and reversing bulbs (from ESR) i fitted them originally to my standard bumper myself by taking it off completely. I didnt find the white clips difficult at all (i must have been lucky!), i used long nose pliers to get in there and twist them loose. Just a word of warning to those that are considering fitting the L.E.D. reversing bulbs when i reverse at night a cant see bugger all! i have to brake and let my L.E.D. rear lights light up the way! :lol:;)

Depends how thin your hands are. You may get at it from the wheel arch if you remove the arch liner. Its soo much easier to remove the bumper though, the only hard bit is getting those white clips out

did you manage to remove you arch liners or ?

Depends how thin your hands are. You may get at it from the wheel arch if you remove the arch liner. Its soo much easier to remove the bumper though, the only hard bit is getting those white clips out

did you manage to remove you arch liners or ?

Or what? :p

I removed the bumper ;)

I have the crystal clear rear bumper lights on mine (from JDM) and L.E.D. fog light and reversing bulbs (from ESR) i fitted them originally to my standard bumper myself by taking it off completely. I didnt find the white clips difficult at all (i must have been lucky!), i used long nose pliers to get in there and twist them loose. Just a word of warning to those that are considering fitting the L.E.D. reversing bulbs when i reverse at night a cant see bugger all! i have to brake and let my L.E.D. rear lights light up the way! :lol:;)

Why did you go for LED reversing lights? The normal bulbs are clear so dont detract from the look. I wanted LEDs when I thought they might be brighter, but soon realised they werent. ;)