Engine Dress (Gallery Bolts)

Martin W

I seem to recall being quite taken by someone's Engine Bay Bolts.

Let me think (scratch scratch...) - might have been Ian

hangon...

ah yes!! B)

Untitled-3.jpg

I noticed that the gallery bolt set comprises 68 pieces, and I'm guessing this means 34 bolts and 34 enamelled washers. Anyone know if they are all the same and what size?

It was a bit cheaper when we got ours. If you can find someone else who wants a set then buy them together, it costs the same to ship 2 sets to the uk as it does for 1 set.

I know P15UL T was interested in a set so may be worth a pm to order both togerther :)

It was a bit cheaper when we got ours. If you can find someone else who wants a set then buy them together, it costs the same to ship 2 sets to the uk as it does for 1 set.

I know P15UL T was interested in a set so may be worth a pm to order both togerther :)

I'm a northerner!!! Wallet in Time Vault!

I was thinking more along the lines of sourcing the kit in Marine Stainless Steel from someone like Titan Bolts and buying the bits as components.

Budget = £20 + paint + losing a Sunday :lol:

I'm a northerner!!! Wallet in Time Vault!

I was thinking more along the lines of sourcing the kit in Marine Stainless Steel from someone like Titan Bolts and buying the bits as components.

Budget = £20 + paint + losing a Sunday :lol:

I painted some of the visible bolts with aluminium paint - looks OK IMO.

I painted some of the visible bolts with aluminium paint - looks OK IMO.

Sounds very reasonable. :thumbs: I was thinking of tidying up the Plenum screws/bolts as well if I can get a deal on the polished one. Alu Paint might be good for them

I have purchased a little tool to get the size and thread pitch of all the bolts in the engine bay and was going to look into getting some sets made up in the uk in various colours...

Should be under the bonnet tomorrow so if I get time when I have done the stuff I need to, I will try and get on with it!

You should only need a torque wrench for the plenum so as long as you use a a driver with the bit on the end rather than a ratchet set you will be fine, putting a glove on helps with not over tightening too as you will feel the glove "stretch" when you are using too much force!

For all te small bolts around the car I personally think its worth getting one of these or similar, You can obviously get them cheaper but this is the easiest link to find

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/29953/Han ... que-Wrench

Or one of these if you like messing around with bigger things, Wheels, Brakes, Suspension, Transmission etc :teeth:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/22796/Van ... que-Wrench

I have purchased a little tool to get the size and thread pitch of all the bolts in the engine bay and was going to look into getting some sets made up in the uk in various colours...

Should be under the bonnet tomorrow so if I get time when I have done the stuff I need to, I will try and get on with it!

You should only need a torque wrench for the plenum so as long as you use a a driver with the bit on the end rather than a ratchet set you will be fine, putting a glove on helps with not over tightening too as you will feel the glove "stretch" when you are using too much force!

Maybe you'd be good enough to annotate this then !! :thumbs:

EDITED: Forgot link

bolts.jpg