Hi - from a newbie

nickwheadon

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hi as I am a newbie. Just brought one in the 'sale', £20k for a Twilight Grey, Alezan leather, Sat Nav, GT4 alloys - thought it was a pretty good deal. I had been looking for ages and nearly brought one in the summer for 19k (2006 car!). Crazy how much they have come down by.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

yeah - I had been looking for quite a while but ummmed and arrrrd for ages (especially with the economy as it is), but when I saw they were doing new ones at that price I couldn't really say no!

I see that there is a section on mods. Can you guys recommend any interior/exterior bits that I can do to improve the look. Seems like everyone has changed the ariel?

:welcome:

Load of mods available. You've found the mods section so just have a look around. Also look at the Photos area under Media, plenty to see in there.

There is also a monthly meet in Reading by the footie stadium. Yet to find out dates for 2009 but watch out for the post. Also a meet at the Pheonix Inn on 1st Feb ( http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18630 ) - pop along and say hi :)

:thumbs: Welcome to the club and to the best bit, which is actually ownign a Zed. Sounds like you got an amazing deal. I bought new just over a year ago and have lost a small fortune. Shame as I really fancy a 370z but the difference is just going to be too wide. Need to wait for mine to age a little more and hopefully slow down the depreciation.

As for the aerial, I like to stick to how the Nissan Gods first made it - and wind everyone else up on the site. Sends 'em all fuuny when they see an original but I think it looks fine. Loads of Mods and money can soon disappear, you cam literally do anything. Engine Mods very difficult if you want to get real gains - Induction kits etc have no effect on bhp as ECU resets itself. Gains can be had but very expensive and starts getting into piggy back ecu's etc.

Watch your warranty ! That 3 yr warranty can disappear very quickly if Nissan decide it's been modded and they can align blame for the fault there. Also don't forget to let you insurers know, and that might give you a nasty surprise !

Have fun though. Awe3some car and great bunch of owners if this club is anything to go by. Meets are well worth it, especially if you want to see a wide range of Mods and get some great advice.