lap top advice please

nixy

Can anyone recommend me a cheap laptop? I just want something mainly for wireless internet surfing so doesn't need to be all singing and dancing. I am sick of having to sit in a specific room where my pc is but when I think about it, all I use it for is internet surfing and shopping! Would maybe need to hook up to a printer in the future for basic print outs. Being mobile is the main thing though. Any ideas?

Edit: just realised, i also use the pc for itunes, burning cd's and dvd's

Aye you can get one of those or even get a free laptop with your mobile provider these days! Some broadband companies also offer free laptops with their broadband - but avoid the deadly AOL for example! :scare:

try PC world - average price of a reasonable laptop is £300ish now - frightening how cheap they can be!

avoid all the sales pitch on all the games/multimedia - you just need to the best pc you can afford - most memory and hard drive space - core 2 duo processor from Intel.

If you get last years model then they are even cheaper - there's not much you can do to a laptop until the next major release of whizzy processor comes along so its a bit of bling and snazzy software to dazzel the punters!