K&W var3 coilovers clicking

IanS16

Have tried to search for this with no luck.

When cornering my car clicks. I haven't got a clue why but it does it when cornering hard and cornering soft/slow.

It started when I took the Redditch cloverleaf at about 65 (massive loop of road) Well, that's when I noticed it.

Hope I haven't broken anything. Someone did mention that it could be the rear droplinks need greasing but to be honest i don't even know what the droplinks look like nor where they are! Does this sound about right?

Doesn't seem to be causing any problems but don't want any wheels falling off :lol:

Its more like a wheel of fortune clicker. At first i thought the alloy was clipping the caliper but there is no sign of wear so i don't think its that.

If it had blown a seal surely i would see some sort of drop or change in handling?

Oh, and i have no clue if its front or back as it only happens when i'm going along. I'm pretty sure it sounds like its from the front though.

I had this problem but it was more of a knocking noise about a month after I had the KW3 fitted.

It then went in for a service and the noise went,I can only put it down to greasing some part of the suspension.

The noise was only at low speed,turning the wheels on the spot almost.

Hope this helps.

I'll do the arch rub tomorrow but isn't the clicky axle thing constant, not just when cornering?

p.s. Its winter, aren't my arches going to be full of sh!t anyway? :lol:

Yeh it will be full of crap but you will know straight away if its what I am thinking. If the rears are set too soft that the wheel arch may be rubbing against the sidewall of the tyre when its under load ie in compression in a bend with one side taking the weight....

There will be a black sticky residue on the wheel arch..

I'll do the arch rub tomorrow but isn't the clicky axle thing constant, not just when cornering?

p.s. Its winter, aren't my arches going to be full of sh!t anyway? :lol:

Yeh it will be full of crap but you will know straight away if its what I am thinking. If the rears are set too soft that the wheel arch may be rubbing against the sidewall of the tyre when its under load ie in compression in a bend with one side taking the weight....

There will be a black sticky residue on the wheel arch..

Oh I see what you mean! I'll have a look as soon as I get back to my car. Thanks mate