Please help me make my stock JDM look better ;-)

nate247

Well guys, I am a relative tuning / modding novice in that I have always just kept cars stock.

Seem to have caught the bug from you guys on the forum and can't stop trying to think of ways to make my 350z look better and more personal to me.

I have attached a pic of the car from the advertiser I bought it from. Haven't taken one myself yet as the memory card in my camera is on the blink.

Anyway, I have addressed a new stereo straight away as the original was knackered, so my interior mod's are ok for the immediate time, (however I could be tempted by suggestions) however the things I like the look of on the exterior are as follows:

Smoked or unsmoked LED Rear Lights

Bright orange front bumper reflectors

Making the other corner lights and rear things look more modern

Putting a front lip under the front spoiler (like some guys here have done)

Need new headlights as mine are cracked :-(

Removal of rear wiper?

Poss change of alloys to 19"? Or does it effect ride too much?

Lowering the car (although no idea where to start)

And basically any other things I can do that make subtle differences.

Although I like the idea of modding, I am looking at spending money but not going too radical on the looks, more tweeking the styling so it still sort of looks original / stock if that makes sense??? :-) lol

Would hugely appreciate any advice and perhaps links / pics supporting any suggestion as I really don't know much about wheel spacers, clear rear corner lens's etc etc.

I am willing and looking to learn though so I can talk sense to you all one day... :thumbs:

Hi mate, why don't you do a google images search on 350z's and just go through the stacks if pic's, so you can get a ideal of how or what you would like you car to look like and them save them on your comp for reference.

:D:D

I've got a pretty good idea what I would like it to look like, but am one of those people that likes to do decide on the fly, i.e make a mod, see if it looks right and move on to the next.

At the minute I would like to perhaps start with the cheaper mod's, learn how to carry out each myself (as I have never done this sort of thing before) but managed to take the dash apart and my stereo out the other day which I was proud of myself for ;-) lol... (you don't know how much car technophobe I really am) :-) lol

So little but effective mods would be a great start for me at the minute to try and find my mechanic feet :thumbs:

I guess interior, exterior, whatever really...

best way to learn is to take it apart yourself - good on ya for having a go, and if you break anything there is alway a few cars on ebay getting broken up for parts.

so are you painting your dash or something ?

$300 for those new lens cover on ebay from cinciy :thumbs:

Thanks Paul :thumbs:

I offered CinCity about £300 or $450 dollars, something like that for them.

Despite a few messages back, didn't hear a thing as I think they wanted substantially more.

Do you have the link to the eBay listing as I might attempt to buy yet again ;-) lol

Thanks Paul :thumbs:

I offered CinCity about £300 or $450 dollars, something like that for them.

Despite a few messages back, didn't hear a thing as I think they wanted substantially more.

Do you have the link to the eBay listing as I might attempt to buy yet again ;-) lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-3 ... ccessories

there ya go :thumbs:

Top man as always... thanks Paul...

I am sooooooo desperate to get my headlights sorted at the minute.

I am contemplating getting a cheap set off of eBay for now and seeing if the lens fits. Like you have said before, no guarantee it will though...

If it doesn't I could always just lob the cheap ones in for now and have a play about with the Xenon's to see if I can repair the lens's at all with some sort of resin or clear filler?

The thing is the lights I really want are the R8 style ones that CinCity do and they are the newer Xenon's. I'd much rather you did them though so looking forward to seeing your latest project :thumbs:

If I could get Audi style daytime running lights (those really bright sparkly things) then I would literally be the happiest 350z owner ever I think ;-) lol

Paul's do look really awesome and to be fair, the guy is a genius for being able to do it as I would not have a clue where to start.

But you know when you get an image in your head of what you want something to look like... the CinCity ones just hit the mark for what I have in my head perfectly.

Paul will no doubt be able to do it though (I have every faith) so just holding out for him really :thumbs:

Then I can give him my old lights to experiment with and come up with new designs as they are no use to me really. Probably no use to him either with cracked lens's :lol:

Top man as always... thanks Paul...

I am sooooooo desperate to get my headlights sorted at the minute.

I am contemplating getting a cheap set off of eBay for now and seeing if the lens fits. Like you have said before, no guarantee it will though...

If it doesn't I could always just lob the cheap ones in for now and have a play about with the Xenon's to see if I can repair the lens's at all with some sort of resin or clear filler?

The thing is the lights I really want are the R8 style ones that CinCity do and they are the newer Xenon's. I'd much rather you did them though so looking forward to seeing your latest project :thumbs:

If I could get Audi style daytime running lights (those really bright sparkly things) then I would literally be the happiest 350z owner ever I think ;-) lol

if its the newer lights you like the CinCity are selling the basic housings (no bulbs powerpack hid) that you could use and just transfer your fittings from your lights into

i dont mind doing this and also installing whatever extras you want :thumbs:

another link

http://my350z.com/forum/body-exterior/3 ... 5-set.html

Thanks again Paul...

Just sent them a PM again to see if they can ship the housing and the len's together for $125 shipping costs.

Am I right in saying that with these two items my lights would look like the ones attached in the photo.

Thanks by the way for the offer of fitting as well. I would deffo need to take you up on that so get thinking of a price. Well actually, better get this stuff first. See, you have got me all exited about lights again :-) lol

All the best, Nathan...

Thanks again Paul...

Just sent them a PM again to see if they can ship the housing and the len's together for $125 shipping costs.

Am I right in saying that with these two items my lights would look like the ones attached in the photo.

Thanks by the way for the offer of fitting as well. I would deffo need to take you up on that so get thinking of a price. Well actually, better get this stuff first. See, you have got me all exited about lights again :-) lol

All the best, Nathan...

in the second link im sure these are the complete housings( just minus the hid equipment) so there would be no need to also buy a set of new clear lenses :thumbs:

Thanks for finding out buddy...

What are your thoughts? Good value or steep?

Such a shame that the exchange rate isn't quite what it was as that would have made them closer to £600 and I would have snapped them up at that.

EDIT: I have just offered $1000 for a new set of lights from them (which I presume don't come with bulbs etc). Will have to use some existing Xenon parts? That works about about £670 / £680... that is much more in my ball park really. Any more than that and I just cant bear to open my wallet :-( lol

Changing the subject slightly... what are people's thoughts on these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0294751844

Personally not a fan, would rather just change the colour of the brembo's, could pos do them yourself too :thumbs:

On the car i think they are all ready plenty big enough for the set up, unless you up-grade your discs/pads e.t.c !!!!!

Personally not a fan, would rather just change the colour of the brembo's, could pos do them yourself too :thumbs:

On the car i think they are all ready plenty big enough for the set up, unless you up-grade your discs/pads e.t.c !!!!!

He doesn't have Brembos.

Dont get them just paint your oem calipers a different colour :thumbs:

He doesn't have Brembos.

Dont get them just paint your oem calipers a different colour :thumbs:

Totally agree, get your standard calipers painted, next decision is choosing the colour… :thumbs: