Bose - 2 week wait?!

Jammy007

Nissan Customer Services have just been back on. Said there's nothing they can do or are willing to do and that I'd need to problem fully diagnosed before I can say that it isn't covered under warranty. The thing is, its an audio issue and Fred Coupe aren't willing to look at the fault (or they will but at a cost) because its not a warranty issue.

What I was attempting to explain to the girl in Nissan CS is that it is a audio problem though so i'm going to have to pay to get it looked at by Fred Coupe.

I told her that I was going to go to Tradings Standards & Citizens advice and she advised me to. That is shocking, because I didn't think Nissan GB would want their name dragged through the mud like this.

She also asked if this is the first Nissan I've had and I pointed out that my dad had bought a brand new almera & I'd previously had an Almera before this one (and before the fto).

She also said which shocked me, was that Fred Coupe said they sold me the car as trade and that I was made aware of this fact (I obviously wasn't) and that they gave me a good price on the car and aren't willing to put anymore money into the car.

I can't believe all this for one minute

Rang Consumer Direct last night, explained the situation and they said its not an issue of whats covered under warranty as I'm covered under the sale of goods act 1979.

They told me to stop verbally speaking to the dealership and from now on deal through letters. The letter I send next also has to be recorded delivery.

I have just sent the following which they told me to put somewhere in the letter (along with all the problems):

"I have since spoken to Consumer Direct and they have instructed me to write this letter explaining that under the "Sale of Goods Act 1979" you have not provided me with a vehicle of satisfactory quality considering the age, mileage and condition of the car. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 takes preference over any warranty that you have given me on the vehicle.

If you cannot repair these faults then I will be looking at a replacement vehicle to the same specification or a full refund".

I also included this little bit myself as this also falls under the sale of goods act as the car is not as described:

"I would also like to point out that I have a print out of the advertisement that Fred Coupe placed on autotrader to sell the car and in that advert it not only states that it has a Radio/CD Multichanger but it also says later in the advert that the car has a "BOSE Stereo". This means that the car your dealership sold me is not as described as the BOSE stereo doesn't work".

If I don't hear anything back from Fred Coupe within 10 days then I have to get back on to consumer direct and take it from there. At least I know i'm not flogging a dead horse and am well within my rights to be arguing this case.

Cheers for the help guys, I'll report back with the results.

I'm in desperate need of the Tech. Bulletin for the sound cutting out on the BOSE Headunit. I don't actually mean the CD skipping, but sound lowering and then cutting out. Especially from the left speaker.

The dealership is saying there isn't a tech. bulletin for this but I believe otherwise.

Regards,

Jamie

• 1 month later...

Just an update for everyone on here and a thanks for everyone thats helped, especially Martinmac who went beyond the call of duty with the amount of replies and advice. I haven't really been on here much (other than to check the for sale section) as there's been a lot happening recently.

To cut a long story short, I finally got the dealership to agree to fit a "new" headunit under warranty. They removed the BOSE, took the serial number and then refitted the unit and ordered a new one.

I then went down 2 weeks later and had the old unit replaced with a brand spanker (maybe a refurb but no wear on knobs etc to suggest that).

I've decided that I'm now going to wash my hands of that dealership with regards to small scratches on the alloys and the marks on the calipers and put it down to experience. In a way, even with all the fighting I had to do, I'm still glad I bought it from a Nissan garage or I'd have struggled to get the axle and BOSE problems sorted. Especially with some stealers up this way.

I also got the dealership to write down the serial number of the new unit that they fitted "just incase".

I've now decided to live with the BOSE rather than change for a nice double din touch screen, sat nav all in one jobby but at least the options there for me now.

Finally I'm starting to enjoy driving the car now. Thankyou so much everyone and keep up the good work :yahoo: