Met the Police Tonight...

SunsetZed

I was driving home from football tonight, there's a short section of 2 lanes with traffic lights and then it goes back down to a single carrigeway (it's all 40mph). The lights were red but the outside lane empty, thought I could get past everyone but had to push it (60ish) to get past the Omega at the front. As soon as I was in on went the lights, unmarked car :scare: He said bet nice car, you shat yourself when those lights went on etc. whilst I was thinking, just hit me with it. He asked for my license, his mate went round the front of the car and I suddenly realised that the tax disc that I changed a couple of days ago (hadn't driven it before) was on the passenger seat because it won't stick back on, grabbed it and explained what had happened with that, he stuck it on and it fell straight off too!

Handed over my license, answered a couple of questions thinking can't believe I've just picked up 3 points, I've taken it easy all the way home 'til then. Followed by, hope I don't get more trouble for the tax disc when he said, just be careful the rest of the way, we want everyone to get home safely tonight don't we. Pulled away, reached 38 and put the cruise control on!

Lucky escape thanks to a very kind and reasonable officer. :thumbs:

Went from

:scare: to :surrender::surrender::surrender: to :blush::) very quickly!

Ones with common sense seem to be few and far between......

You're probably right Sarnie, but I've a lot more respect for the boys in blue now that I've met one who does!

Yup they do exist out there somewhere, just very few of them left these days.

I got tugged in my old Leon, doing something similar to you, shat my pants, just to find he stopped me as my reversing light was stuck on and I was blinding people behind me :blush: Just knocked it in and out of gear a few times and was all sorted. Makes you a bit more sensible and chilled out in future after it happens ;)

most cops join to catch scum. When they pull you, you're less inclined to get prosecuted if they think you're a law abider who generally benefits society. Some are just bullies and some are twisted by government performance figures. Always instills a bit of respect when you get treat well by them tho. :thumbs:

Ones with common sense seem to be few and far between......

You're probably right Sarnie, but I've a lot more respect for the boys in blue now that I've met one who does!

That's the point. What you did is what we (and the boys in blue when in civves) have all done at times - expect they just wanted to make sure that mistake was not part of more serious offences like no insurance etc and send you on your way - an example of good policing rather than those who pull everyone in sight for the slightest misdemeanour in order to meet targets.

I still think about 30% of them are on a power trip, but there are actually quite a few who know how to manage their position well. A carefully worded warning or line of questions can be a lot effective than being an arse and losing respect.

most cops join to catch scum. When they pull you, you're less inclined to get prosecuted if they think you're a law abider who generally benefits society. Some are just bullies and some are twisted by government performance figures. Always instills a bit of respect when you get treat well by them tho. :thumbs:

Can't agree more with you there. I've been pulled a few times with the traffics because of my mis-spaced plate. I've just been pleasant to them, and they have sent me on my way without any fines. One even commented on how dirty my car was, and when he usually see's it is spotless :p

I was slightly drunk on saturday night, and was talking drunken rubbish to coppers on the beat outside the local nightclub asking one particular cop if he could get me a job driving the local traffic's Evo 10. I can just remember him asking me "So have you got your car with you tonight mate?" I quickly replied "yeah - it's round the corner, I hate walking home when its freezing".

Thing is, I couldn't stand.. lol.

Can't agree more with you there. I've been pulled a few times with the traffics because of my mis-spaced plate. I've just been pleasant to them, and they have sent me on my way without any fines. One even commented on how dirty my car was, and when he usually see's it is spotless :p

I was slightly drunk on saturday night, and was talking drunken rubbish to coppers on the beat outside the local nightclub asking one particular cop if he could get me a job driving the local traffic's Evo 10. I can just remember him asking me "So have you got your car with you tonight mate?" I quickly replied "yeah - it's round the corner, I hate walking home when its freezing".

Thing is, I couldn't stand.. lol.

Lucky man, i got a £30 fine for my plate couple of days ago on my way to E.S.R and he threatened to give me 3 points :boxing::rant: , suppose its luck of the draw !!!!!!

I don't think they can give you points for a mis-represented plate. at the most, just ask the DVLA to remove the right for you to use the plate. I've had "S777EE F" on my car since last January, and only been stopped twice. I guess that because I drive like a granny, the police don't mind :p

Just be careful in the Yorkshire area....dont think you can easily get away with these things guys.... :p

And the chance of communicating with the officer is zero....you dont get what they say unless you live in an OPE...... :lol::lol::lol:

PMSL :lol::lol::lol: , funny thing is after all the jib-jab and threats he did go thats actually a nice plate, cheek of it :lol: